Photo

AHR decoration ideas

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jen & Josh

Jen & Josh
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:04 AM

We got married in Mexico and are having a AHR but we are doing a taco bar, rice, beans, beer, margaritas, and chips and salsa on all of the tables. I want to decorate fiesta themed......Any ideas

#2 townie princess

townie princess
    • 298 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

Gotta get a Pinata!!

#3 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
      • 369 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

Try Oriental Trading... They have a lot of Fiesta themed decorations.

#4 blushingbride

blushingbride
        • 366 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

Definitely get a pinata! Maybe some maracas, sombreros, maybe mariachi music. If you have a national wholesale liquidators near you, go check them out...they usually have a ton of decorations to choose from! Best of luck planning.

#5 jia

jia
          • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:25 AM

Hello,

Check out any wedding decoration store, there you can find something inspiring for your theme or some cool item for your wedding decorations.

Regards,
            jia

Mini Hanging Lanterns

#6 MarieSam

MarieSam
            • VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts
              • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

We had a Mexican fiesta themed Welcome Dinner in Mexico. Our table decor included a string of fake red and green jalapeno peppers and we actually used some real stuff too -- bellpeppers, onions, avocado -- to add with it. It gives it a very festive feel and of course is all usable after the fact. But def. add maracas, sombreros, pinata to the mix. Have you decided on food? We had a taco man making fresh tacos, fajitas, quesadillas on a grill, it was fabulous!! And of course don't forget the margaritas

#7 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

I LOVE this and didn't get a chance to use it:
                Click the image to open in full size.

I think you could find the votives cheap around Christmas. The peppers at world market or something. Simple but not cheesy!

#8 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
                • 220 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

kate.com - I love the votives and peppers!!!

We're doing a Mexican fiesta AHR too... still in the beginning of planning for that, but right now (until I change my mind AGAIN) here's what I'm thinking for tables... while we're in Mexico, we're going to go to a store and buy a bunch of small bottles of hot sauce. For the AHR I'm thinking a small tin pail (like a beer bucket) with a ribbon around the outside in our wedding colors... then I'm going to "stuff" the bucket with sand half way, and then throw in a bottle of hot sauce for them to use on their food, maracas (also planning to buy those in Mexico) and a small bottle of tequila.... we're thinking of doing personalized shot glasses at each seat, and the table can do their own shot of tequila if they want (it's an all adult reception).

I may change my mind for the hundreth time... but that's what I'm thinking right now.

http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#9 JCruz

JCruz
                  • 154 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:17 AM

I don't know how festive these are, but Martha Stewart's tissue paper pom-pom balls are really cute (not to mention cheap) and can be done in whatever colours your theme is:

Pom-Poms and Luminarias

#10 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
                    • 547 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

Definitely do a pinata!! Any party store will have lots of ideas, like sombreros and maracas, stuff like that!!
                      *~*JENN*~*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users