Anyone do a cabo hiking trip?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:38 AM

Cain and I are outdoor people and plan to do all kinds of activities while in cabo, has anyone done this yet?

Hiking Sierra La Laguna.
    Full day Tour $ 90 per person available every day. 5 hour tour

Hike along the beautiful La Laguna Mountains located just 1 hour North East of San Jose del Cabo, where three of the Baja Tribes (Pericues, Guaycuras and the Cochimies) were once inhabited. Wrap up the hike with a soothing swim in the natural pool nestled next to gorgeous water falls.

This is a 5 mile hike with up and down hills that take you thought magnificent rock formations and nice water slides and different water pools, we also show you how the people use to live in this area. Top the hike with a unique Mexican lunch in one of the ranches with a woman that picks her own vegetables from her land to make fresh salsa and guacamole.

Tour Includes:
    Round trip transportations
    Bottle of water
    Soft drinks
    Energy bars
    Lunch included
    Maximum group size: 8 people

#2 MERRYME

• 324 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:35 AM

I've done it on my own and it IS fun! If you are an outdoors person it is great!! Especially after the rainy season as the pools are cristal clear and you can swim in them.

You could do something similar on your own. I've hiked up the river canyon next to Cabo surf hotel. You just rent a 4x4 and drive up the river bed as far as you can get and then by foot. You will see small waterfalls and some pools.

I should caution you that since you do not know the area it might be safer to do a "guided" tour.
      Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
      22nd of December 2006

#3 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

Yeah I think I would rather do the guided tour, just to be on the safe side.. Do you have any pics of your hike?

#4 JUANCARLOST

• Banned
        • 130 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

Sounds like something I would love to do. Do you have a phone number for that. I have always wanted to do something like that here in Cabo but never got to it.

Great idea!

#5 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:15 AM

Juan if we figure out what day and time you should hike with us, it could be fun... :-) Here is the contact info.

Sales & Reservations Office
            TEL. 624 130 79 59
            FAX. 624 130 79 59
            CEL. 624 122 16 98

Sales& Administration Office
            Condominiums Viva Baja # 5
            San Jose del Cabo BCS
            TEL. 624 130 79 59

Sales & Operation Office
            Marina Cabo San Lucas
            Dock # 1 right next to Capitan Tony’s
            Cabo San Lucas BCS
            TEL. 624 122 16 98

#6 Janet

• VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

Tammy have you thought about doing the zip line tour? It's SO fun and there is actually some hiking involved too. I did a post on it somewhere here in the boards. Search for Canopy Costa Azul if you are interested.

#7 jak27

• 715 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

Tammy, I think this is a wonderful idea. I'm going to offer it to our guests, for those that don't like the sit by the beach & do nothing!

Thanks for the information!

#8 MERRYME

• 324 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

Pictures. I do have some somewhere on my computer let me see if I can find them.
                  Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
                  22nd of December 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users