• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

Don't give up! Sorry you didn't get into the first school, but I will keep my fingers crossed for the next one!

#12 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
    • 719 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

Try to be patient and DONT give up! Like someone else said everything happens for a reason, you'll will make it when its the right time. We think we plan our own lives, but God has his own plan for us!

#13 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
      • 369 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by tdmitchell
        We think we plan our own lives, but God has his own plan for us!
        That's the problem... I'm a planner, I try to calculate when I will get married, when I will have kids, when I'll be done with school....

I seriously just need to stop putting myself on a timeline. Thanks ladies for all your support in this stressful time. I have tons of support from family, friends, and you guys so I'm definitely not giving up!!

I will keep you all informed.

#14 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

$$**** UPDATE****$$

I just recieved a letter in the mail for a FULL TUITION scholarship!!! Mind you this school is $695 per credit hour!! YAYYY!!!!

Now all I have to do is get INTO the actual nursing program!!!

#15 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

YAY Congratulations!!!!! We're all rooting for you!

#16 big3n09

big3n09
            • 616 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

See like the other ladies said everything happens for a reason! I will say a prayer for you. I am a Paramedic and thinking about doing a bridge to nursing program in the near future, good luck and don't give up!
              4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#17 nicmicj

nicmicj
              • 244 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Congratulations and good luck with everything. I am sure everything will work out, but it's just going to work out in its own time. Be patient - good things come to those who wait!

#18 islandbride317

islandbride317
                • 1,866 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:36 AM

Congrats on your scholarship....yet another clue that nursing school is in the future for you!

I may find myself in a position similar to you before too long! Although I have a B.A. in Journalism/Communications from Penn State University, I've made the decision after a few years in the field that it is simply not for me. I've decided to take the small steps into a nursing career, first by getting my CNA, then doing an LPN program, and then doing an "LPN/Advanced Standing to RN" program. The schools in my area are also very competitive, but more so in the admissions to the clinical components, not necessarily the school itself.

I AM PULLING FOR YOU and I think that you'll find yourself on the path/timeline that was intended for you, rather than perhaps the one you had in mind!

Keep us posted, darlin'!
                  Christie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users