Jump to content

Photo

Please Help with my resort issue


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

    Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

    HOLA Melinda...I'm glad you took my advise and registered here... You will find answers!

    Azul beach hotel rocks.
    I just came from El Dorado Royale and their beach is not swimmable at all. I would not stay there just for that reason. But I am a big beach lover and it's a big factor for me in choosing a resort.
    ...words of wisdom :)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mellibean
    eww. am i being too picky. i think i dont want to stay there if i cant enjoy the jacuzzi. sorry i need to get my jacuzzi on hehehe. how was the beach at playa del carmen? im starting to realize that no matter where i stay the beach is going to be rocky from playa del carmen to tulum. oh by the way how did you book your trip? i saw at another post that you paid 2500 for 6 days. did you go threw their website or something like expedia, travelocity, etc.? and did you fly out threw lax and how long was the flight? thanks

    Keep in mind that just because there are rocks, doesnt make it bad or ugly....its actually very beautiful and a geographical characteristic that makes up part of the beauty and wonder of the region, IMHO.

    For some reason, I gather that you have a visual of this gigantic rock formation that litters the coast... This is not true..there are beaches every other 2 seconds that are not rocky... Some of these ladies can testify to that. This forum is a super resource :)


    After reading your thoughts in this forum, I might recommend you look at a boutique resort. HOtel Esencia has like 50 or so rooms. Staff is amazing! Food amazing. Tatiana, coordinator... groups@hotelesencia.com will hook you up. Located in the RM about 15 minutes south of Playa del Carmen. I think based on your words here, you may want to stay away from the BIG All inclusive... We were hired last year to cover their concierge's wedding: Sergio & Erica married at mayan palace...

    This resort is in Xpu-Ha Beach area... HOTEL ESENCIA Xpu – HA Beach:
    Danny & Addy |

    Cheers & all the best,

    matt

    #22 Matt Adcock

    Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

      Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by leigh miller

      heres a link to the pics i took when there to share with everyone ....-
      Nice venue pics leigh... This should be a helpful resource!

      Too bad the beach isnt a pretty.... There are many other places in the RM with similiar accomodations and service with a beautiful view without the whale sandbags. I don't mind the rocks there so much...

      cheers!
      matt

      #23 mellibean

      mellibean
      • Newbie
      • 69 posts

        Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
        HOLA Melinda...I'm glad you took my advise and registered here... You will find answers!

        Azul beach hotel rocks. Gina & Steve's honeymooner photos shows the absolute BEAUTY of this beach. I can respect that you are worried about kids, but I didn't remember being annoyed or feeling that our shoot was about to be interrupted or halted by rogue children or beer slamming college party goers.. This isnt Disneyland. Not Rocky either!

        Rocks... The Riviera Maya has some beaches with rocks but they are all different. I may recommend doing some research in Akumal. There are some rocky areas and some perfect sandy areas.

        Our studio will NOT work at the Gran Puerto Royal because this resort has proven multiple times that they are NOT committed to customer service. Check out this post to read a little about "customer NO - Service"
        It is also surrounded by a"city" environment of Playa del Carmen, which you told me was an issue as you wanted to escape from that.

        El Dorado...i've been there 5 times. Beaches get a big fat thumbs down from me. The rooms are great and the staff is nice... the pools in front of the casitas are awesome...BUT, the ocean is stinky there...



        ...words of wisdom :)




        Keep in mind that just because there are rocks, doesnt make it bad or ugly....its actually very beautiful and a geographical characteristic that makes up part of the beauty and wonder of the region, IMHO.

        For some reason, I gather that you have a visual of this gigantic rock formation that litters the coast... This is not true..there are beaches every other 2 seconds that are not rocky... Some of these ladies can testify to that. This forum is a super resource :)


        After reading your thoughts in this forum, I might recommend you look at a boutique resort. HOtel Esencia has like 50 or so rooms. Staff is amazing! Food amazing. Tatiana, coordinator... groups@hotelesencia.com will hook you up. Located in the RM about 15 minutes south of Playa del Carmen. I think based on your words here, you may want to stay away from the BIG All inclusive... We were hired last year to cover their concierge's wedding: Sergio & Erica married at mayan palace...

        This resort is in Xpu-Ha Beach area... HOTEL ESENCIA Xpu – HA Beach:
        Danny & Addy |

        Cheers & all the best,

        matt
        hello matt, well i went on tripadvisor and im not doing the azul place because of the kid thing and also i read someones post and they said that this place doesnt have a beach at this resort and you have to walk far to a beach. i was looking at one of your pics of the wedding at the mayan palace maybe i will check that out.
        as for the rocky beach ... im thinking like in san francisco i was swimming in at rocky beach and when i came out of the water my whole swimsuit was filled with rocks and my feet were hurting me. hehehe.
        well if it comes down to it i might stay at the royal i just want to take pics at the cave and maybe akmal beach or ruins. while im there i just wanted to enjoy the beach since the beaches in california sucks and my husband might want to leave the resort and hit the bars at playa del carmen i think he might get bored and want some nightlife. he likes to get his drink on hehehe.
        do i need to rent out a car? if im staying at royal i think im only going to stay there 4 nights 5 max.
        oh by the way I sent you 2 emails and i think i going to stick with the ai resorts i dont want to be bother with where im going to eat at... i never been to an ai place and i like knowing i dont have to worry about the food. thanks for your help matt.

        #24 Matt Adcock

        Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

          Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mellibean
          hello matt, well i went on tripadvisor and im not doing the azul place because of the kid thing and also i read someones post and they said that this place doesnt have a beach at this resort and you have to walk far to a beach. i was looking at one of your pics of the wedding at the mayan palace maybe i will check that out.
          as for the rocky beach ... im thinking like in san francisco i was swimming in at rocky beach and when i came out of the water my whole swimsuit was filled with rocks and my feet were hurting me. hehehe.
          well if it comes down to it i might stay at the royal i just want to take pics at the cave and maybe akmal beach or ruins. while im there i just wanted to enjoy the beach since the beaches in california sucks and my husband might want to leave the resort and hit the bars at playa del carmen i think he might get bored and want some nightlife. he likes to get his drink on hehehe.
          do i need to rent out a car? if im staying at royal i think im only going to stay there 4 nights 5 max.
          oh by the way I sent you 2 emails and i think i going to stick with the ai resorts i dont want to be bother with where im going to eat at... i never been to an ai place and i like knowing i dont have to worry about the food. thanks for your help matt.

          The Azul Beach is 2 seconds from the rooms.

          The rocks can hurt your feet, but are nothing like that of the CA Coast.

          We will not shoot at Gran Puerto Royale but you are welcome to stay there. All I can do is highly advise against offering them any referrals. I will not speak more outwardliy about any other resort in the RM. Your money is well spent elsewhere.

          You can get a cab from the airport $50-60. Bus $18 per person, or maybe the hotel you choose may have transportation included. If you stay in Playa del Carmen, you can have a cab tote you around for about $2...its a small town.

          Dont be confused.... Hotel Esensia is an all inclusive but it is WAY more intimate than the big resorts.

          Good luck with your research.

          matt

          #25 mellibean

          mellibean
          • Newbie
          • 69 posts

            Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:00 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
            The Azul Beach is 2 seconds from the rooms.

            The rocks can hurt your feet, but are nothing like that of the CA Coast.

            We will not shoot at Gran Puerto Royale but you are welcome to stay there. All I can do is highly advise against offering them any referrals. I will not speak more outwardliy about any other resort in the RM. Your money is well spent elsewhere.

            You can get a cab from the airport $50-60. Bus $18 per person, or maybe the hotel you choose may have transportation included. If you stay in Playa del Carmen, you can have a cab tote you around for about $2...its a small town.

            Dont be confused.... Hotel Esensia is an all inclusive but it is WAY more intimate than the big resorts.

            Good luck with your research.

            matt
            thanks for your feed back! well at least i have a year to do my resort research. lol. there are just too many ai to choose from!




            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users