Please Help with my resort issue

• VIP Member

What about the Azul Blue Hotel. I know it's all-inclusive, and it has jacuzzi's in the room. And by the sounds of it, it might be adults only... but it sounds amazing!

Azul Blue Hotel & Spa - Tulum - Azul Blue Hotel & Spa Reviews - TripAdvisor

It appears I was wrong. I think children are allowed... but I think you should check it out anyway.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked out the Royal Porto Real in Playa del Carmen? (I think it's called something else now, maybe just "The Royal"?)

They have jacuzzi tubs in every room, the rooms are spacious and gorgeous. Definitely upgrade to an Ocean View or Ocean Front room. They do allow kids but they're not running the place - I'd say it's mostly adults, and a lot of foreigners (Europeans, etc.) The beach is ok - not great but not bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh miller View Post
now that is interesting cause i was just there last week and people were swimming all over the place. i guess its whats swimable for you. it is rocky. not smooth sand that you can ease into like the bahamas. maybe more like swimming in a lake - haha!

as far as i know there are jacuzzis in every room. i always stay in the most basic suite when ive gone there to shoot weddings and there has always been a jacuzzi.

heres a link to the pics i took when there to share with everyone - Leigh Miller Photography : el dorado royale
do you have pics of other hotels like el derado sea side, aventura spa

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretuke View Post
I would recommend Excellence Riviera Cancun. It has all those things you are looking for. I did a site visit and it's absolutely amazing.
i see that you are getting married soon. let me know how the resort went. thanks and congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Have you checked out the Royal Porto Real in Playa del Carmen? (I think it's called something else now, maybe just "The Royal"?)

They have jacuzzi tubs in every room, the rooms are spacious and gorgeous. Definitely upgrade to an Ocean View or Ocean Front room. They do allow kids but they're not running the place - I'd say it's mostly adults, and a lot of foreigners (Europeans, etc.) The beach is ok - not great but not bad either.
Actually, as of Nov 2006, The Royal is Adults only. The food is impeccable, the beach is swimable and lovely. Definitely upgrade to Oceanfront, it is the only way to go. I went ther for my honeymoon and was amazed how delicious the food was. You can also eat at any of the restaurants at the sister property across the street for free and you are walking distance to 5th avenue where there are restaurants, bars, the port to go to Cozumel, etc. Stay away from the jacuzzi in the room though. The water that comes out of the pipes has a yellowish tint (ew?). My husband and I just sorta laughed and said, we're not getting in there! But everything else was amazing...it was perfect....and the food...OMG? SOO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBECCA View Post
Stay away from the jacuzzi in the room though. The water that comes out of the pipes has a yellowish tint (ew?). My husband and I just sorta laughed and said, we're not getting in there!
Ew is right! I didn't notice that either of the times I was there, but really we only used it during our second trip.

It is a beautiful hotel and if it's adults only now that would be a very good choice!!! I have some pics posted of it under the hotel's thread in the Riviera Maya section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBECCA View Post
Actually, as of Nov 2006, The Royal is Adults only. The food is impeccable, the beach is swimable and lovely. Definitely upgrade to Oceanfront, it is the only way to go. I went ther for my honeymoon and was amazed how delicious the food was. You can also eat at any of the restaurants at the sister property across the street for free and you are walking distance to 5th avenue where there are restaurants, bars, the port to go to Cozumel, etc. Stay away from the jacuzzi in the room though. The water that comes out of the pipes has a yellowish tint (ew?). My husband and I just sorta laughed and said, we're not getting in there! But everything else was amazing...it was perfect....and the food...OMG? SOO good!
eww. am i being too picky. i think i dont want to stay there if i cant enjoy the jacuzzi. sorry i need to get my jacuzzi onbunny_4.gif hehehe. how was the beach at playa del carmen? im starting to realize that no matter where i stay the beach is going to be rocky from playa del carmen to tulum.thatswck.gif oh by the way how did you book your trip? i saw at another post that you paid 2500 for 6 days. did you go threw their website or something like expedia, travelocity, etc.? and did you fly out threw lax and how long was the flight? thanks