I'm New -- Hello --- I'd love your advice!

hls140

Hi everyone,

I'm Heather and I'm (re) considering getting married in Puerto Vallarta. After a bit of drama over not wanting to have a wedding in the town that I grew up in, I'm seriously looking at Puerto Vallarta.

I've been to Puerto Vallarta a bunch of times, however, never with the "eye" to find potential wedding sites. So,I'm really interested to hear about what you all have to say!!!

I prefer the feel of viejo Vallarta over the newer parts, I guess, but am unsure of where to start. Playa Fiesta has been recommended to me, but I'm not sure if we'd be able to do the 15 room, 5 night minimum for reservations, so...basically I am eager and open to any of your suggestions.

Here are some details about what our wedding would be like:

---I expect there will be about 30-35 adults and 4 children under

the age of 6.

---My budget for this portion (Mexico) of the wedding is probably

about 10K (I'm hoping to save some money for a party afterwards back

in the states). That would need to include the catering at

reception, decorations, gifts, ceremony, photographer, DJ, flowers,

cake, (and whatever else I'm forgetting).

--- Time of year is open--possibly this year, late in the Fall

(november, early december) or in the Spring time in February or

March.

---Lastly, I work full time and am in a very intense graduate program, so I need something relatively "easy" , beautiful and affordable....

Thanks so much in advance and sorry to just lay it all out there--I'm just so anxious to get everything figured out.

Best of luck to you all,

Heather

Welcome Heather!!

I have to admit, I'm not too familiar with PV, but I am partial to Dreams! So far my experience with them has been really great, the prices are reasonable and they allow kids (and have a FANTASTIC kids club!). I've only seen Dreams Tulum, and am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos, so I don't know PV well. I know there are a few Dreams PV brides here that you may want to contact for further help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
hi heather,

welcome...the PV queens (ann and amy) have not intercepted your post yet but i am sure they will have a bunch of info for you.

tammy
haha tammy! Sorry I'm late (unlike the rest of the gals on the forum, its hard for me to post during work hours, haha!)

Hmm, I've heard great things about Terra Noble Terra Noble Spa Art & Healing Center / Shanti Healing Center / Puerto Vallarta Jalisco Mexico
or maybe an AI that offers wedding packages. Or even Las Caletas (we have a ton of LC brides here) Las Caletas Deluxe Weddings in Puerto Vallarta Mexico
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t1775#post73750

We are having a large wedding (150+ guests) so I wish I could give you a better feel for prices for a smaller wedding..

I can tell you that the WC at the Mayan has been great so far.

I def reccomend searching throught our PV forum. There is sooo much information there. If you have more questions- post away or PM me or any other member. The forum is great and EVERYONE is more than willing to share all the info they've come across!

Good luck!

Las Caletas!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and welcome to the forum! lol

Unlike you, I've only been to PV once, and it was when I was in college and on spring break - and it really could have been anywhere! So I am going into this blind, but I have heard nothing but great reviews about Las Caletas, and also Dreams PV. The Dreams WC can be a tad frustrating to deal with - but in the end it always seems to work out.

I chose Las Caletas because we wanted a private ceremony - and we get that here. I am having my welcome dinner at Dreams though - but probably would have had my wedding here had I not come across the Las Caletas option.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi Heather! Naturally I vote for Las Caletas too!! The WC is totally easy to work with and it has been virtually effortless on my part. You should come in under budget there even if you do the deluxe package, and you'll come in way under budget if you do the intimate package.

I also have about 35 guests and I opted out of blocking rooms because it was just too difficult to find one resort that we loved that could accomodate everyone. We're staying at Dreams with about 10 of the guests, everyone else is all over from Mismaloya to Marina Vallarta. Some people rented homes/condos. We would not have been able to meet the requirements to block rooms as all of our guests couldn't commit to booking at the same time/place. So it's nice if you can do it but if not don't stress about the group hotel. There are tons of us here to try and answer your questions but definitely look in to Las Caletas.