Jump to content

Photo

bachelorette party (philly area)


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 cougs

cougs

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

    Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

    i have to admit, i'm older than your average bachelorette, and therefore i haven't got a clue as to where to go out in the philadelphia area for a bachelorette party. anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

    we were considering a mexican restaurant followed by a bar/dancing (but where). nothing too crazy and especially nothing involving greasy stripper boys, lol.

    [i found this (Awesome 80s Prom, Off Broadway, Bachelorette Parties, New York) which looks amazingly fun, but it's in NYC and i just don't think everyone will want that much hassle involved (limo or train, possibly a room, etc.). why can't this be in philly?]

    #2 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

    Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,326 posts

      Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:30 AM

      I'm your age and I'm having a poolside party with lots of champange. My friend was 40 when she got married and we went to Vegas and had a blast. I think the limo thing would be fun.

      #3 yamille

      yamille
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,460 posts

        Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

        Well I'm from NYC so not much help with the Philly area but this may help- it has reviews of clubs in the area. Philadelphia Night Clubs, Dance Clubs: 10Best Reviews
        If you do end up cpming to NYC I can definately tell you where to go.

        #4 Blkatz

        Blkatz
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,025 posts

          Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          i have to admit, i'm older than your average bachelorette, and therefore i haven't got a clue as to where to go out in the philadelphia area for a bachelorette party. anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

          we were considering a mexican restaurant followed by a bar/dancing (but where). nothing too crazy and especially nothing involving greasy stripper boys, lol.

          [i found this (Awesome 80s Prom, Off Broadway, Bachelorette Parties, New York) which looks amazingly fun, but it's in NYC and i just don't think everyone will want that much hassle involved (limo or train, possibly a room, etc.). why can't this be in philly?]
          So I had my bachelorette party 2 weeks ago in Philly and this is what we did...started at my apartment and then went to Chifa (7th and Chestnut) and then we had a table at G lounge.
          Some of my friends wanted to do a few different things including going out in the gay neighborhood to Woodys and then over to Lucky Strike.
          There are a ton of fun places in the city. Let me know if you need any ideas-I live and work in center city

          #5 kiki317

          kiki317
          • Jr. Member
          • 162 posts

            Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

            I'm kind of over the whole going out and spending money (and drinking and driving) thing- sooooo, we're having my party at my sister's (MOH) house. We're having mexican themed tapas, margarita and plenty of tequila shots and it's going to be a Passion Party- which is like a tupperware or an avon party only with sex toys instead- It should be fun!!

            I'm sure wherever/whatever you do it'll be a blast b/c you'll be with your best friends! Have fun!!

            #6 katrina

            katrina

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

              Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

              if you want to do a mexican restaurant i'd suggest el vez. it's one of the steven starr restaurants and it's delish with awesome drinks! it can be pricey though. a cheaper option would be el azteca. you can byo tequila and they make a mean margarita.

              my bachelorette party was in olde city. the girls went to continental for martinis and the guys went to mahogany for cigars. then we met up at lucy's hat shop (a bar, not a hat shop) on 3rd and market.

              blkatz made a good call on lucky strike. it's a bar/bowling alley and is a lot of fun.. but no dancing there.

              but whatever you do... don't go to mad river.. groooooooss.

              #7 Alyssa

              Alyssa
              • Sr. Member
              • 11,793 posts

                Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                i have to admit, i'm older than your average bachelorette, and therefore i haven't got a clue as to where to go out in the philadelphia area for a bachelorette party. anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

                we were considering a mexican restaurant followed by a bar/dancing (but where
                So I had my bachelorette party 2 weeks ago in Philly and this is what we did...started at my apartment and then went to Chifa (7th and Chestnut) and then we had a table at G lounge.
                Some of my friends wanted to do a few different things including going out in the gay neighborhood to Woodys and then over to Lucky Strike.
                There are a ton of fun places in the city. Let me know if you need any ideas-I live and work in center city
                Blkatz - i live and work in C.C. too! what neighborhood do you live in? have i asked this before? lol
                We have been dying to go to Chifa - did you like it?

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by katrina
                if you want to do a mexican restaurant i'd suggest el vez. it's one of the steven starr restaurants and it's delish with awesome drinks! it can be pricey though. a cheaper option would be el azteca. you can byo tequila and they make a mean margarita.

                my bachelorette party was in olde city. the girls went to continental for martinis and the guys went to mahogany for cigars. then we met up at lucy's hat shop (a bar, not a hat shop) on 3rd and market.

                blkatz made a good call on lucky strike. it's a bar/bowling alley and is a lot of fun.. but no dancing there.

                but whatever you do... don't go to mad river.. groooooooss.
                Katrina - i love El Vez as well but I would actually suggest El Camino Real over El Vez - not as expensive and just as good if not better - it is new and on Liberties Walk across from Bar Ferdinand. and El Azteca recently got their liquor license so i am not sure if you can bring your own tequila anymore

                Lucky Strike or North Bowl are GREAT ideas!

                sooo maybe we are onto something here...

                you guys could go to El Camino Real (mexican food, margaritas, great jukebox, fun atmosphere - then after dinner walk like 4 blocks south to North Bowl (you could reserve the area upstairs where they have 2 private bowling lanes and a lounge area next to the upstairs bar - it is nice and overlooks the whole downstairs!)

                #8 Blkatz

                Blkatz
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,025 posts

                  Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

                  [QUOTE=Alyssa;754689]are you looking to bar hop? or park it up at one place and just party? how big of a group? are you planning it or just giving suggestions??


                  Blkatz - i live and work in C.C. too! what neighborhood do you live in? have i asked this before? lol
                  We have been dying to go to Chifa - did you like it?

                  Alyssa-I loved Chifa-the food was really good and the atmosphere was fun. We ate so much food I wasn;t sure I was able to drink! Everything was super yummy.
                  I live in Naval Square and I work on 18th and Market :)

                  #9 Alyssa

                  Alyssa
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 11,793 posts

                    Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:31 AM

                    [quote=Blkatz;754712]
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Alyssa

                    Blkatz - i live and work in C.C. too! what neighborhood do you live in? have i asked this before? lol
                    We have been dying to go to Chifa - did you like it?

                    Alyssa-I loved Chifa-the food was really good and the atmosphere was fun. We ate so much food I wasn;t sure I was able to drink! Everything was super yummy.
                    I live in Naval Square and I work on 18th and Market :)
                    nice - we will have to go there (hungry) and check it out! i am in Old City - one of these days we should get together and have a cocktail :)

                    #10 katrina

                    katrina

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,328 posts

                      Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alyssa
                      Katrina - i love El Vez as well but I would actually suggest El Camino Real over El Vez - not as expensive and just as good if not better - it is new and on Liberties Walk across from Bar Ferdinand. and El Azteca recently got their liquor license so i am not sure if you can bring your own tequila anymore
                      oh snap! alyssa, maybe you shouldn't move to the suburbs after all.. then you'll wind up all out of touch like me! i'm so excited to try el camino real now! we are mexican food junkies.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users