Scent of a Wedding

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#11 cessyboston

cessyboston
  • VIP Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:10 AM

love special scents for memories... i just bought miss dior...it is new and is so light smells beautiful.... dolce cabanna light blue is nice to very light scents....
    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#12 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starchild
      Ahh, yes. Scents evoke the strongest memories. I will be wearing Vanille Noire du Mexique Eau de Toilette (by La Maison de la Vanille). It's soooo me. I love their vanilla scents and this so happened to be their Mexican version that I have never used before. I have not opened it because I want to wear it for the first time on my wedding day. After that I'm going to wear it out!!!
      Oooh Jamy! I think I will need to smell that one. I like getting exotic samples from aedes.com (since I am not in NYC).

Yes, that is what I want to do, wear it on my wedding day and then after that. I can go through my lotions, perfumes, soaps and tell you what time in my life they remind me of. I thought I was more of a 'visual' person... maybe I am a 'smelly' one! LOL! Ok, ok... I know they don't equate.

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:22 AM

Just to remind everyone of the airport policys, just be sure your bottle is 3.0 oz or smaller. :-)

I never even thought of this and I wear a different prefume all the time.. Hmmm I may need to go shopping. :-)

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:26 AM

just check it with the rest of your luggage!

#15 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cessyboston
            love special scents for memories... i just bought miss dior...it is new and is so light smells beautiful.... dolce cabanna light blue is nice to very light scents....
            mm d&g light blue is one of my favourites...
            i'm such a perfume slut, i own soooo much (it helps when you have family members who are perfume wholesalers though haha)

let's see here...

escada rockin' rio...fun and sexy
            burberry brit....light and crisp but sophisticated
            gucci envy me...peony-and-pomegranate yum!
            acqua di parma's blu mediterraneo...expensive, but i love love love this line of perfumes (capri orange, tuscan cypress, sicilian almond and almalfi fig)

#16 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

Clinique Happy is my all time fav!! I love Michael Kors for my special occasions. I'll most likely wear that.

#17 MelissaH

MelissaH
              • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

clinique must have changed something in their newer bottles of happy...have you bought a bottle lately? it just doesn't smell the same
                i even returned a bottle because i thought something was wrong with it, but nope...every other bottle was exactly the same (even at different places!)

#18 LisaG

LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

No I haven't bought any in a while. I have a huge bottle with about half in it. Did you get the regular Happy? They have some new Happy's like Happy to Be and Happy Heart. Did you get the old kind??

#19 MelissaH

MelissaH
                  • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

just regular old Happy :

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:41 AM

[QUOTE=PaulaV;76527Oooh Jamy! I think I will need to smell that one. I like getting exotic samples from aedes.com (since I am not in NYC)QUOTE]

Do you have sephora out there? That's the only place I know where you can smell it before you buy, but you can order it online too. It's yummy!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users