Scent of a Wedding

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

I am going to buy a new perfume to wear on my wedding day so it will always remind me of that time in my life.
    I don't know which one yet though.

What scent will you/did you wear on your wedding day?

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:18 PM

I wore Curious by Britney Spears LOL
      Usually though my "special occasion" perfume is Angel, but I didn't bring it with me (I'm not sure why...I don't usually forget it when I go on vacation)

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

Oh that is too weird, I was just going to post this as a thread. I got Princess by Vera Wang, for mothers day. I am thinking that this might be the scent. I have to see how Everton reacts to it though, you kind of want the man your marrying to go crazy over how you smell. The bottle is so pretty!!
        Kelly~

#4 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
        • VIP Member
        • 2,347 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:34 PM

My favorite is Givenchey "Hot Coutre" (sure I slaughtered the spelling of all that).

This weekend we picked out something different for a change--- Donna Karan's "Cashmere Mist". It's light but has a subtle layer of sensuality (from pachuli) to it.

The other strong runner was Ralph Lauren's "Romance".... very light and soft...

#5 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:30 PM

lol, thats a good idea! I remember when I was a kid - my mom was wearing a certain perfume when we went on a disney vacation. I have NO idea what scent it was, but every time I catch even the slightest hint of that perfume scent, it brings back memories of Disney!

I'm not a perfume wearer, but I'll have to try to look for something similar.
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 leigh miller

leigh miller
            • 936 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

origins ginger essence

#7 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dragonfly
              Oh that is too weird, I was just going to post this as a thread. I got Princess by Vera Wang, for mothers day. I am thinking that this might be the scent. I have to see how Everton reacts to it though, you kind of want the man your marrying to go crazy over how you smell. The bottle is so pretty!!
              Kelly~

I just got that one and I love it!
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

i never wear it either - so do i wear it to make that "special" scent a memory, or go without because that's "me" ... ?

#9 Lizzy

Lizzy
                • 501 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

If you are a rose fan, Valentino's Rockin' Rose is very nice. Very soft and subtle.
                  Lizzy
                  For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

Ahh, yes. Scents evoke the strongest memories. I will be wearing Vanille Noire du Mexique Eau de Toilette (by La Maison de la Vanille). It's soooo me. I love their vanilla scents and this so happened to be their Mexican version that I have never used before. I have not opened it because I want to wear it for the first time on my wedding day. After that I'm going to wear it out!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users