Photo

I am not enjoying the registry process.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

lgarner83
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

Not at all!!! Is there an alternative to registering at a department store? At first I was all excited and went to sears on the weekend with my FI only to find out that anything we need is like $75 or more!!! I'm sorry, but for shower gifts I find that to be too much and don't want to ask that of anyone. Two showers are being thrown for me, one for my Moms side of the family and the other from my FI's side of the family. Ugh. I like the idea of registering for "honeymoon" things like in the sticky but I'm from Canada and I can't find something similar for Canadians. PLUS, we're not having a honeymoon, our wedding week is the only vacation we are getting. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

#2 lgarner83

lgarner83
    • 530 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

We don't have either of those, I guess the equivalent would be Home Sense...only I'm afraid it will go under like Linens N Things did!!

#3 montegobay09

montegobay09
      • 832 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:54 PM

I registered at the Bay, Zellers and Homesense. They're all part of the same registry. It worked out well for us. We had the same concerns...things were just too expensive. But we found many items for like $40-$60 which we thought were more appropriate.

Good luck!

#4 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

we considered registering at amazon.com

#5 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
          • 475 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

I don't have any solutions for you except some of the solutions already made (e.g., Bed, Bath and Beyond).

I despised the registering process. My FI and I have owned homes (yes we are on our second home) together and when we moved we had to buy a lot of new stuff to stage our house. Plus when we bought the first home I was working part time at Crate and Barrel and took advantage of thier very nice employee discount to buy a lot of the stuff for our new home. So, all of our kitchen stuff (in particular) has held up very, very well. It was torture to come up with enough things at a range of prices that we needed.

Bed, Bath and Beyond was my lifesaver for the lower-end of the price range.
            Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#6 meli122

meli122
            • 269 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

What about registering for things that you can do at the resort or a spa near the resort ie: couple massages, mani/pedi, or facial or activities that may cost extra like scuba or jet skiing.

#7 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
              • 826 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

A lot of places also have an online registry. So your guests can order it offline and then just have it shipped to you or to themselves and they can bring it to you. Just a suggestion.
                http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
                My Babies
                "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
                it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
                http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users