Photo

Has anyone done OOT bags for 50+ guests?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 BrideChilla

BrideChilla
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

We're looking at about 60 guests for our Mayan Riviera wedding, and I really want to provide welcome bags, but the logistics seem a nightmare! Has anyone tackled this?

Travel mugs would seem to pose a particular problem - I guess you hand those out before hand?
    Stephanie & Trevor
    *Happily Married*
    Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya, Mexico
    March 18, 2010
    http://tickers.Ticke....548f/event.png

#2 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
    • 516 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

We are going to have about the same amount of people and I am doing welcome bags. THe only thing I am giving to EVERYONE is a travel mug, the rest is a bag per room, so it makes it less. I have also given parts of the contents to my MOH, Mother, and FMIL to help distribute in the suitcases for the way down.

#3 BrideChilla

BrideChilla
      • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

Ooo I'm encouraged! So you're bringing all the mugs down yourself? I was a bit skeptical of trying to distribute 60 mugs before hand, since our guests are coming from 3 main cities...
        Stephanie & Trevor
        *Happily Married*
        Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya, Mexico
        March 18, 2010
        http://tickers.Ticke....548f/event.png

#4 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

We are having around 80 people for our wedding and we are doing welcome bags as well. Like budgetjamaicabride (ha thats long!) everyone will get a travel mug and then the rest will be a bag per couple, single or family. We will take everything down along with help from our parents and friends-cause it will be alot. We have people flying out of 10 different cities (both US and Canada) so it would be impossible to do it beforehand.

#5 meli122

meli122
          • 269 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

Check and see if your resort charges to hand out the bags, some do and some don't. Ours resort does charge, so I think I will hand mine out during our welcome dinner for each couple.

#6 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
            • 516 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

We are also cups, (the color changing ones) not mugs because they stack inside each other well so it makes packing them easier. I am not sure if my resort charges to hand out bags. If they do, then we will just hand them out at dinner ourselves. Although I good amount of them are all coming in on the same day, so we may hang in the lobby and greet them and hand them out.

#7 CherylMc

CherylMc
              • 211 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:41 AM

what kind of thing are you all putting and what are these mugs

#8 Divine Embroidery

Divine Embroidery
                • 46 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

For my girlfriends oot bag she's just doing a little welcome booklet that has a welcome letter and 7 pages of info about the resort we are staying in. It turned out cute. We made them out of paper bags and raffia. When we get down there she's adding snacks in the bags. Maybe some advil or something but nothing big. She wanted the canvas oot bags to be the focus not whats in them. This way she didn't have to lug all that stuff down there. If you think about it who doesn't have the munchies late at night after a night of partying. Just ideas. Good luck ladies.

#9 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
                  • 202 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

Great ideas ladies! Keep them coming!! :)

#10 jetsbride

jetsbride
                    • 794 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

Has anyone ever taken travel mugs with them I am concerned about luggage space...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users