Here's to my late night/early A.M.posters!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrfected View Post
Ok ladies, now I really feel crazy. You guys are all up in the middle of the night because you have jobs that require you to keep these kinds of hours. What is my excuse? Just plain nuts!! I still have to get up early tomorrow morning go to yoga, get ready for work, walk my dog (5 month old rottweiler puppy whose sole mission in life is to chew anything that belongs to me!!) and commute in to work.

MarieSam I live in the valley and work in BevHills so you know how much traffic I have to face! Lucky for me my time is a bit flexible so I usually go in around 11/noonish or so.
Girl, I wish I was just up for pleasure, lol. I'd much rather be up for fun rather than here at work wink.gif And yes, LA traffic is not nice. I honestly can see why people are forced into road rage, there are too many damn cars with idiot drivers!!! fryingpan.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbride317 View Post
MarieSam - We are the Vampalicious of the night!

I actually have my B.A. in Journalism from Penn State University, but the news industry in Pennsylvania (at least where I live!) is not so enthralling...close to 6 years out, and I will be going back to school (ugh, yet again) for Nursing. A totally different path, I know, but it is what it is, right? There is always a need for nurses and I just happen to be the nurturing type!
~ C
Yes were are the girls holding down the BDW fort at night. bunny_4.gifbunny_4.gifbunny_4.gif Penn State is a great school, I graduated from USC -- sorry about the Rose Bowl, tee hee rolleyes.gif Your making a great decision to get into nursing because no matter how bad the economy is, there will always be sick people! Journalism is really hurting right now, so I'm definitely trying to branch out into other sectors. But for now, its a solid union job that pays for all the glorious things I need to buy for my wedding punk.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MarieSam -- the Rose Bowl is a whole other matter! Wink, wink! Guy friends of ours that know I went to school there always give me a hard time whenever the football team is having a bad season -- am I Joe Pa(terno)? Or a Linebacker for the team? That's always what I ask them, and they never have a decent response expect, "Uh, no...but uh, hey, where's my beer?" wink.gif

Anyway, thanks for the props on nursing, and I chose the field partly because it is recession-proof! I am doing an I.T.-esque sort of job right now for a major healthcare system in my area (I pretty much set up computer application accounts for doctors, nurses, techs, you name it) -- boring, but it pays the regular/upcoming wedding bills!

You're fun -- glad we've met!

~ C

Here's a weird "news flash" of sorts -- over here one the Eastern side of the U.S., I just looked out the window and our cars are dusted with SNOW! Thanks, Al Gore --as my fiance is about to be heading out the door to work, I am witnessing an Inconvenient Truth!

Enjoy your nap, Purrfected -- I am about to look into one myself! Hope to see you on here tomorrow night!

~ C

So ladies, it is no longer early AM but I am laughing because I am imfamous for being on at weird hours but last night I actually slept. Purrfected, I am usually up just because I am or because I have an overseas conference call at an ungodly hour.

By the way, I need to see pics of the puppy! I LOVE rotties! We have three dogs between us so my lab is now learning to live with two shelties and while she loves the playmates, she is not thrilled about not being the only one needing attention.

Bev, I will definately post pics of the puppy. She is going to be in my siggy once I can get her to sit still for a pic! I did not know you were a late night girl! I am actually a little embarrassed to be on the site sometimes in the middle of the night. I think people are thinking what, does that girl have no life or what? blush2.gif

As a side note when I went downstairs this morning what was at the bottom of the stairs? Yes, the cups! They are great! Apparently the FI got them yesterday and just remembered this morning before he left for work. I am so excited. Well, I am off to a day of work but I will of course check back in and I will talk to my late night pals later! :) Have a great day everyone!

Tammy

I am often times on at night. I am also a nurse, work 7pm-7am. I don't have time really to post at work. But on my days off I usually sleep the majority of the day and stay up til 3-4 at night.

FI makes fun of me cause I constantly hit the new post button after I have been away for a few minutes. They just don't understand!

This cracks me up!!!! I knew MarieSam was on late. I used to feel like all the threads at 1 am were only going cause MS and I were on! there are few girls from UK and Australia on late at night too! I feel like whenever I get on BDW during the day i'm just checking all the new posts, but at night I get all the GREAT searching done from past threads. Then i'm sucked in and I can't freakin get off!