Photo

Is Your Wedding Trip Also Your Honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#81 keilag

keilag
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:35 AM

Yep. We are trying to save money. We will stay a few more days than everyone else

#82 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
    • 438 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

We are staying a few extra days than everyone else and switching to a different resort.
      *Katie*

#83 SDSteph

SDSteph
      • 812 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

Great post. We are going to travel close by just to change it up a bit. Orignially we were going to go on a seperrate trip but getting time off from work for like 20 days might not work for my FI (he he) He freaked when I told him that if we are in MX for 7-9 days for the weeding plau a honeymood that it adds up to lots of time off of work. I am a teacher and am off all summer. What ever you decide it will be soooo much fun. Cheers
        Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#84 s_katrese

s_katrese
        • 182 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Yes we will be staying a few days after our guest and then we will be changing resorts. I had a feeling that my FI & I would be board at the same resort for a full week.

#85 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
          • 2,458 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

We are staying at the same resort for the week - possibly trying to fly in a day or 2 before that so we get there before any guests. We were hoping that most guests would do a 4 or 5 day trip so we'd at least have some time to ourselves before or after, but it seems like most guest will be coming for the full week. Which is fine - this is part of why we chose the DW -- so we could have that time to spend with our families.

I would love to take an extra week to have to ourselves after the guests leave, but I'm pulling my 12 yr old out of school for this the way it is, so it's really not feasible to keep him out of school another full week, and economically I think an extra full week might be too much for us right now as well. I think we'll plan something for our one year anniversary instead.

Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#86 tad515

tad515
            • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

We are planning on staying a week longer at the same resort as our honeymoon. I've thought about moving to a different resort, but honestly.....I know I'm not going to feel like packing everything up and settling into another place. LOL!

#87 mrsgtobe

mrsgtobe
              • 153 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

We're taking a 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean...getting married on our 2nd full day out in the Cayman Islands, then the rest of the cruise is our honeymoon! I love it :)
                Dee

http://ticker.7910.o....WVuZCBpbiA.gif

#88 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

We plan on still staying in the Riviera Maya, we're just going to go to a different hotel in a different town. Mainly because after the wedding we want to feel like it is our honeymoon and we know a few of our family members are going to remain in the area for awhile so we just want to be alone for a few days and then see them back in Ohio when we return.
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#89 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
                  • 519 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

We are just satying at our resort for the 7 nights with our guests. When we get home we are going to drive down to Tenessee where our family has a cabin in the Smokey Mountains where we are going to "honeymoon" It's soo romantic there...WE LOVE IT!

#90 meghan

meghan
                    • 832 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

We are moving to the resort next door for our second week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users