Is Your Wedding Trip Also Your Honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#191 Mrs.S2B

• 169 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

We'll only have 3 days after the wedding with some guests still there.  We will take one day to do our own excursion and one night for an alone dinner (we may get more than one night).  So our "real" honeymoon" will be six months later in July when I am off from work (I work in a school) and hopefully it will also be a babymoon!!

#192 Sherileigh

• 14 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

We're doing something a little different, as we're getting married in Mexico in January, when we get back at the end of the week it'll be FREEZING! So we've decided to rent a log cabin (with hot tub of course!) at one of the lakes close by....we can go ice fishing (FI's fav winter activity...not mine) skating, drink hot chocolate. have a fire etc...it'll just be us, no one else. We have a son together and he'll be about 19 months old by then. I have no desire to leave him, but if I must for a little honeymoon, this is our best option.  A few nights away and him tucked up safely with my parents!

#193 exquisite02

• Site Supporter
      • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

That's what I'm planning on doing. Destination wedding and honeymoon at the same resort.

#194 bizzyangel

• 193 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

I was contemplating moving to a different hotel but I am lazy so we are going to stay at the same hotel. My FI has never been on a plane nor out of the country so he is excited to just go to Jamaica, lol.

#195 snow88

• 181 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

We are moving to a different hotel and different location.  It's not far away.  We will drop off the kids at the airport and then check in at the new location.  Most of our guests are just there for the weekend.

#196 Amanda+Dave

• 509 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

We are looking at renting a villa in Costa Rica for the wedding week, which with 20 plus people is an affordable option. But we would be unable to afford the villa for just the two of us the following week, so we will probably move to a resort in another part of the country.

#197 JKL_WeddingMexico

• 130 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

We are using our wedding vacation as a honeymoon and then a couple months down the road we are going to Las Vegas and on a Alaskan Cruise for our best friends wedding.

#198 SKing24

• 265 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

We're going for 12 days...Monday to the following Friday.  Our wedding is on a the first Friday and then all of our guests will gone by Monday so we'll have a couple days to ourselves. Im excited for both parts: party with friends the first half of the vacation, then a little romance ;)

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#199 Teira1031

• 766 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

Were staying in Mexico for 5 extra nights so we can get some romantically time ;)

#200 Lisa B

Lisa B
                    • 39 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

We are going from the 5-17th...we are arriving in mexico 4 days before our wedding, the wedding is on a thursday and we are staying until the following friday. We chose to do it this way bc I just got back from my cousins wedding in aruba and they were there for a week and everyone wanted to hang out with them and do activities almost every day. they hardly had any alone time. We figure we can be there the first week and make time for everyone to all get together and hang out/party together, then we told everyone from sunday-fri we are on our honeymoon ... we dont care who is still there but just dont bother us!! Everybody understands and we are starting to find out most people are staying from sun-sat of our first week so it works out perfectly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users