Is Your Wedding Trip Also Your Honeymoon?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#181 soontobemrsdow

• 250 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

we're hoping we can afford to stay two weeks and resort hop but if we can't we'll do something locally like rent a cottage for a week or something in the summer for our 6 month anniversary since we wont be able to ever do it in january!

#182 Dana2

• 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

We're getting married in Islamorada, then heading down to Key West for a few days. Hopefully our families won't try to follow us there!

#183 ambularose

• 167 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:08 AM

Our wedding trip will be our honeymoon also. We will be there for 1 week.

#184 sarahrose

• 77 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

We're taking a separate honeymoon and just dealing with the travelling. We'll stay at the hotel in Riviera Maya a couple of days after the wedding with our families and then flying off to Hawaii I think. It's been really difficult with taking off work, but I am only getting married this one time and I am making it what I want.

#185 clgriffi7

• Banned
          • 630 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

Our wedding will kinda be our honeymoon. We are hoping to stay in Mexico for about 9 days so we should have a few days after the rest of the guests leave (I will be recommending 5 night stays for guests :-).

We then plan to save up more money after the wedding (in conjunction with the honeymoon registry) to have a honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip. Right now our goal is to get married Nov 2011 and then take a Mediterranean cruise Sept/Oct 2012.

#186 ablj209

• 218 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

We will be staying at the resort for 14 days, most of our guests will be there for 4-7 days, so the 2nd week will be our honeymoon.

#187 DWBride615

• 852 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

Our trip for the wedding is not our honeymoon. It's more like a vacation with family & friends.

Eric & I are leaving for our honeymoon the next afternoon after our wedding.
                Both of us are big travelers, so we decided on more than one trip for our honeymoon. Since our wedding is going to be in Rome, we're starting with a tour of Europe. We have great deals on flights and hotels because we travel so much, so it's not as much of an expense as it would seem. So far, we are already set on Paris, Madrid, Venice and Athens. FI says he wants to add more to the list (talk about jet lag..eek =/ ), but we'll see. Then after our Europe tour, we're ending our honeymoon with a week in Austrailia, because we both wanted to end with the customary beach honeymooning. After our honeymoon is the tricky part though. He's English and we plan on moving to England, but I'm originally from here in the U.S. So, we'll be temporarily returning to the states for an AHR(for my fam&friends who couldn't join us at the wedding), then we'll be moving to England. It'll be so very busy, but more so worth it.

Btw, We're still deciding on the week-long beach part. It's either Austraila or Hawaii or Bora Bora. We haven't completely decided, but we're leaning towards Austrailia.
                *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#188 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

Ours isn't. We hope to go to Europe for our honeymoon. Not exactly sure where and nothing is booked yet though.

DWBride, your plans sound amazing!

#189 Beach0327

• 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

We're going on a Caribbean cruise for the wedding in March over my spring break (teacher) and then in July we're going on an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon.

#190 shiffersmith

• 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:22 AM

How about a holiday where you can enjoy the comfort of your own home and also experience plenty of sun, sea and beach,Spain offers more than sixty miles of beautiful beaches at the Costa Brava, along with a rich cultural history, stunning nature and many excellent restaurants.

ferienhaus spanien | Costa Brava

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users