Sign in to follow this  
Danyelle

Is Your Wedding Trip Also Your Honeymoon?

We are getting married in T&C and then flying half way around the world 2 days later to honeymoon in the French Polynesian islands for 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Blessed2Stress View Post
We're getting married in Montego Bay, then while friends and family are enjoying the trip, I'll sneak my wife away to Negril for a week.
This is exactly what we are doing. We figure that if we are already in a beautiful country why leave right after the wedding?
Negril seems like a beautiful place too. We are considering Rockhouse but nothing confirmed yet. Happy planning!

Well, we changed up plans a bit. We are going to stay 9 nights surrounding the wedding and then come home and go on our "honeymoon" in December. This way we get more time to save up for something awesome and also we won't have to take two weeks straight off work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess J View Post
This is exactly what we are doing. We figure that if we are already in a beautiful country why leave right after the wedding?
Negril seems like a beautiful place too. We are considering Rockhouse but nothing confirmed yet. Happy planning!
Princess J, I've only heard good things about Rockhouse and seen friends' pics its wonderful you'll have a blast. I also happened to catch it on Travel channel...lovely!

Our wedding trip wasn't our honeymoon trip(its not a honeymoon if you hang out with friends/family. :)) so we are going back to Riviera Maya and staying at Secrets Maroma in October. Can't wait!

We´re spending the whole two weeks with friends and family, although we might see if we can have a couple of nights in one of the other riu´s on the resort..... at least that way there are plenty of other people to look after the kids so we can maybe have a couple of days peace!