Guest paying for all inclusive=guests paying for wedding food?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i am not sure where you are all getting married but i also have never heard of and all inclusive giving the wedding dinner for free. (which i found odd since all the food is paid for), my place is charging 50 per person for the dinner and when i was going to do it at dreams it was the same.

I am also having my wedding at an AI. This is how I see it- If your guest are going to pay to fly out there and also pay for rooms, then it's nice to choose a place that includes drinks and food. It's one less thing that they have to worry about, especially the alcohol which gets pretty expensive.

As for being worried about your guest paying for the wedding costs.

I have to pay a fee for the ceremony and reception dinner, but the dinner wasn't much. I figured that I would opt for a private reception dinner which cost more and either splurge on entertainment for the reception or provide an excursion for our guests.

In the end, the wedding itself is still expensive. I don't think your guest will feel like you are taking advantage of them or anything. If anything, they will see it as a fun mini vacation.

Just find ways to do little extras for your guest.

• 1 month later...

I had to find this thread to find out what my response was to this, because it's now my issue. I am getting married at Moon Dance Cliffs and they are now offering us AI and it would ultimatley help us since we are staying 7 days. We normally don't do AI cause we aren't heavy eaters but we do drink enough, LOL! However our AI doesn't include airport transfers which we would pay for if we do it and I already wanted to do OOT cable boxes with goodies. I still feel like I need to do more or shouldn't do it. Any suggestions or encouragement because I have been leaning more to not doing it.

I don't think you need to worry about it. Isn't it proper etiquette anyways for guests to give a gift that at least equals the cost of their plate at a traditional reception? That's what I had always been told..!

I've never heard of an AI including the cost of the reception. I am getting married at the Moon Palace and between the wedding costs and the reception costs we are going to be paying quite a bit extra!!

• 2 months later...

I am in the same boat. However, if guests attend the wedding who are not staying at the resort the cost gets VERY HIGH. So, I need to make sure (or strongly encourage) people to stay at the host hotel/resort. How do I do this? It is a very nice resort and more expensive than some other places, but the deal at this place is great for the value. Thoughts so I don't bankrupt myself?

I've seen some people put on their wedding websites that if their guests want to stay at a different resort there will be a "$XX charge" to come on the resort for the wedding day. It's up to you, but I'm just asking all of my guests to stay at my resort or the sister resort.

Our AI resort charges $400 for a table of 10, so I hope that is not a rip off if other AI's give the food free! It is still way cheaper than anything at home. Besides it would be really tacky for a guest to say something anyway, and if you know they are tacky then why care about what they think?