Photo

Private Villas

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JillfromSF

JillfromSF
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone who has gotten married at a private villa in Cabo could share their experience. I was looking into it as a way to save on cost of food and drinks, as that is what is killing my budget at the resorts.

I would love to hear what villas have been used and for how many guests, and your overall experience/satisfaction with the villa. Also any info on what property management company you used and if there was an event fee or minimum nights of rental.

Thanks!!

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

From the research I've done, there isn't a single villa in Cabo that allows you to rent for only one night. So if that is your plan, you might not have a lot of luck. If you're OK with the night minimum then you have lots of options. I didn't want to stay more than 1 night so we ended up booking the Imperial Suite at the Fiesta Americana which feels like a private villa but it's part of a resort so they do the catering. The food and bev costs are not great though, I agree with you there!

#3 mich999

mich999
      • 386 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

I also did research on villas before deciding on the Hilton and what killed that idea for me was that all the villas I checked into had hefty event fees for weddings, so it defeated any cost savings I pictured. I couldn't agree more that food and drink is astronomical. I believe some people on the forum have done receptions at restaurants in the towns as a way to save money, if that's an option for you. Check out the reviews section of the forum.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

mich is right...when i first started looking we were going to do a villa wedding as well but it was alot more expensive. villa's usually charge a huge fee for private events...and even bigger fee for weddings.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo

Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo
        • 249 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

Hi jill,
          You have to be aware that a lot of hotels will force you to end the party pretty early (some 10 pm, other 11pm).One of the advatages of celebrating your wedding in a villa is of course the privacy and the opportunity to party all night!
          but this has obviously a cost...
          good luck with your planning and congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users