Ohio Bride needs BD help!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ash&Grant2009

• 30 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

I don't know of any other Ohio brides on here, but I was hoping someone knows a good Boudoir photographer in Ohio. I am willing to travel throughout Ohio or even western PA, but I just cannot find someone I really like for a decent price. I don't know if this is a little or a lot compared to what others are spending but I wanted to cap it off at $350 including the prints. I wish I lived close enough to go to one of the marathons I did find some places with "parties" where you can bring friends and split some costs for about 165-200 per person but my hesitation here is they only offer 1-2 sets/outfit changes and I want about 5... Im lost/frustrated so any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

#2 FoxyBride

• 609 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

I know a lot of photographers from doing make-up work in Cleveland so I can see what I can find you.

#3 Ash&Grant2009

• 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

Thanks! That would be great!

#4 mrsd09

• 50 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

So, I'm a little late here but...

I am in Ohio and used Leah Stafford. She was amazing!

Leah Stafford Photography - Leah Stafford Photography

#5 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hey Ash, maybe we can get enough girls to put our own marathon together! I emailed with one photographer based in Akron (she's willing to travel), but I think her prices were a bit higher. We can try to negotiate with her, or keep searching. Where are you located? I'm in Cincinnati and I have a friend who would probably go in on it too, making it 3 of us so far!

#6 ~Debra~

• 500 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

I'm in Ohio also and if you guys do the marathon during a time when I'm around, I would be interested in going in on this with you guys. I'm in Dayton. I found a person here and I found a couple photographers in Cincinnati also I believe. I think I still have their emails.

Kimmy, what were the prices of the photographer in Akron?

#7 bobbysgirl

• 184 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:27 AM

I'm in cleveland, I've been thinking about using Posh Portraits

#8 Ash&Grant2009

• 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

Yay!! i am so excited that there are other Ohio brides! Thanks everyone for the help! I ended up finding one studio that I really like-and has AMAZING prices. I am in Columbus, but travel to Kent a lot so I am thinking of using BedroomEyes(in Kent). I spoke to Jen, the photographer and she said she would do a 3 hour shoot with I think 3-4 outfit changes and hairstyling included for $150!!! Then you can buy a high resolution cd of your shoot for only $35 which she said usually has 300-500 images!I think this also includes 2 retouched prints. I love her pics and I cannot pass up the deal! I plan to use Snapfish or one of those sites to make my book then. She does offer a package with the book included for $350 i think which includes all of the above, plus more retouched prints.

Marathon sounds fun! i just don't know if it would be able to beat her deal... what do u all think?

#9 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

My photog is based out of Cincinatti but she actually lives closer to Dayton. I know she is looking into doing BD photos so you could probably get a really good deal as she is expanding her portfolio. I will have her do mine once I lose some excess lbs.

Maybe you could organize an OH marathon?

#10 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:25 PM

Ash and Erin- both of what you guys mentioned sounds GREAT. Do you have links to their websites so we can see their work? Ash- if we went with your photographer maybe we could all do the $350 package but have her bring the price down since there will be several of us. Does she have a studio in Kent or would she be willing to come to Columbus? We could do a sexy hotel room there maybe?
                      I'll look for the website of the woman I was in contact with although your guys' offers are rather tempting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users