Jump to content

Photo

Makeup Artists?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
  • Jr. Member
  • 327 posts

    Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

    I may just set up an appointment at the MAC store one day, I think you have to pay $40 but you get products. Basically, I think it's just like the Studio Talk, except you can just schedule one anytime. I plan on taking a picture of a makeup look that I like and having them recreate it for me.

    #12 Chris & Holly

    Chris & Holly
    • Newbie
    • 10 posts

      Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

      Most of the wedding packages include hair and makeup. Are these people any good, or should I be concerned about that. I assumed they were professionals and do this all the time.

      #13 iwantadreamswedding

      iwantadreamswedding
      • Jr. Member
      • 327 posts

        Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

        Well, I think some people were relatively happy with what the artists have done but it seems the vast majority have to either redo it themselves or at least touch it up some in their rooms. I think the best bet would be to take your own makeup just in case. And make sure to take a picture with you to show what you want your hair/makeup to look like because, a lot of the people that work there don't speak the best English. That's what I've gathered from reading the boards.

        #14 chulzle

        chulzle
        • Newbie
        • 40 posts

          Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

          ive always done makeup myself ... will do same for wedding, dont want to look completely different and husband wont recognize me! ha

          #15 iwantadreamswedding

          iwantadreamswedding
          • Jr. Member
          • 327 posts

            Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

            haha, yeah wouldn't want that to happen!

            I'm actually thinking of buying an airbrushing machine to take to do my makeup, I really want to look as flawless as possible.

            #16 blushingbride

            blushingbride
            • Jr. Member
            • 366 posts

              Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
              I may just set up an appointment at the MAC store one day, I think you have to pay $40 but you get products. Basically, I think it's just like the Studio Talk, except you can just schedule one anytime. I plan on taking a picture of a makeup look that I like and having them recreate it for me.
              That's actually not a bad idea. I think that may be cheaper than the Studio Talk. Hopefully you will get someone who is good at what he/she does so you can re-create the look on your day. I may end up trying that myself if there are no bridal sessions.

              #17 blushingbride

              blushingbride
              • Jr. Member
              • 366 posts

                Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
                haha, yeah wouldn't want that to happen!

                I'm actually thinking of buying an airbrushing machine to take to do my makeup, I really want to look as flawless as possible.
                Those are expensive, right?

                #18 iwantadreamswedding

                iwantadreamswedding
                • Jr. Member
                • 327 posts

                  Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

                  Well, the ones I'm looking at are in the $175-$300 range. Also if you search Ebay for Dinair, they sell the airbrush and the makeup with it for like $250. I don't think that's super expensive, not cheap, but not as high as I was expecting them to be.

                  #19 blushingbride

                  blushingbride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 366 posts

                    Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by iwantadreamswedding
                    Well, the ones I'm looking at are in the $175-$300 range. Also if you search Ebay for Dinair, they sell the airbrush and the makeup with it for like $250. I don't think that's super expensive, not cheap, but not as high as I was expecting them to be.
                    Ok, thanks!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users