Veils

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

OK I cant find the picture, but I found this veil on ebay!
    eBay.ca: Feather Birdcage cage french bridal wedding veil (item 250113451027 end time 17-May-07 04:10:55 EDT)

#12 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

What are you going to put in your hair with it? Are you going to wear it alone, or the feathers, or just flowers. The one I have (yes I saved it), had a velvet bow like headband, not puffy bows, but really tight to to the head. with the veil coming down from the headband. Have you decided if you like full or partial face veil? Have you considered some great vintage/antique shops if there are any around you, that is where I picked up mine. Your dress is so lounge singer, vavavavoom!!!! Its beautiful, the veil will look perfect, good luck with your search.
      Kelly~

#13 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
      • 216 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
        Try here, Toby...

First of all, Toby, your dress is soooo pretty. I think somehow I missed it. Do you have a picture of you in it in another thread?

Second, try ebay for a cheap veil, that way you can get one and not regret it too much if you don't like it.

this is where i got my veil made - not sure if they do birdcage style, but worth a look!
        Rockabilly style is a retro 50's kinda style. Its sorta a culture of people. Thats sorta the style I think you are going for. I could be wrong though. LOL
        In the wedding bells magazine there is a girl wearing a cage veil and I think its gorgeous! Ill see if I can find the picture and Ill post it for you!
        yes please do -- the more pics I can find the better... :) I see alot of pics with girls with short hair and I think I am doing my hair half up, half down - or a low side pony

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RaydensMama
        OK I cant find the picture, but I found this veil on ebay!
        What are you going to put in your hair with it? Are you going to wear it alone, or the feathers, or just flowers. The one I have (yes I saved it), had a velvet bow like headband, not puffy bows, but really tight to to the head. with the veil coming down from the headband. Have you decided if you like full or partial face veil? Have you considered some great vintage/antique shops if there are any around you, that is where I picked up mine. Your dress is so lounge singer, vavavavoom!!!! Its beautiful, the veil will look perfect, good luck with your search.
        Kelly~
        ummm--- hair is still in the decision phase...definitely half up or side pony --- but I know I want to have some poof at the top --- nothing sleek head gripping --- more full and sexy...
        http://i74.photobuck....ypics025-1.jpg
        Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#14 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to say sexy dress Toby. I can't wait to see the finished look of the veil and dress combo. It's unique. Love it!
          Happily married since 2008

#15 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
          • 216 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:40 PM

thanks...yeah i am hoping it all comes together...
            http://i74.photobuck....ypics025-1.jpg
            Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#16 Lizzy

Lizzy
            • 501 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:54 PM

Toby, hi. I found this birdcage while searching for alternate ideas for my daughter, Maggie. I'm sorry, I do not remember which site it came from, but a couple that have been posted on this thread look real familiar.

Click the image to open in full size.
              For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

Seems like you've already found some, but I came across this today
                My Wedding Veil

#18 ellenj01

ellenj01
                • 161 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

I've been looking at the same style!  Check out etsy!  There are tons of people who make them, and there are some very pretty ones!  I've been trying to find one that isn't too expensive, but haven't had much luck with it!  Beautiful dress, by the way! :)

#19 pintsize1

pintsize1
                  • 165 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

thought i share a pretty cool seller for hair pieces, cage veils, and headbands....

http://tessakim.com/stores.html

#20 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

They have tons of unique and fun pieces!

Originally Posted by pintsize1 

thought i share a pretty cool seller for hair pieces, cage veils, and headbands....

http://tessakim.com/stores.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users