Photo

less expensive Photographer

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 melinda234

melinda234
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Does anyone have any ideas on a less expensive photographer? I have even thought of paying for a friend's trip just instead of a Cabo photographer! I am getting married at the RIU palace, but would like some pictures around town and on the beach! Mango productions does the work at the RIU, but at 470$ hour Im not interested!
    Thanks for the help!
    Melinda

#2 jamk32179

jamk32179
    • 341 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

You might want to check into the packages that Mango offers. It seems if you book a package the hourly rate is decreased. This is a copy of the price list I was sent, of course I'm sure there is always the possibility of price increases.

Attached Files

September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#3 melinda234

melinda234
      • 37 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thank you! I just got an email back from Dino, his photos are awesome and he is only 350$ an hour!

#4 Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo

Jeremy Herman PhotoVideo
        • 249 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Edited by TammyB: your post has been deleted do to vendor spam

#5 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
          • 141 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

Hi Melinda

As far as I know, RIU does not allowed outside vendors, but Mango productions are good and I imagine that they must have some packages that would be cheaper than the hourly rate.

If you want to try some other photog, you may want to check Tomas Barron, he does an awesome job and, I think, he might be on your price range.

Tomas Barron - Pro Photo Video this is His web site.

#6 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

Definitely check into whether you can have an outside vendor. There are lots of resorts that don't allow it, or there is a fee (some average around $500 for one) You could also consider bringing a photographer w/ you and have them stay w/ you, you may get more for your money.

#7 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

I think most photographers in Cabo are pricy, but all the work I have seen is great. If you still don't want to pay then maybe you could indeed ask a friend to take pics. My best friend did that and her wedding pictures turned out nice.

#8 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
                • Vendor
                • 105 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

Edited by TammyB: Post was deleted do to vendor spam. See vendor rules
                  Jerome Dieu
                  Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
                  Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

#9 jamk32179

jamk32179
                  • 341 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

From what I understand Riu does not allow outside photographers. I have had great response times so far from Jerome at Mango. My wedding is not until 2010, but they have been great with my questions and seem very fair in their pricing.
                    September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#10 Mark Romine

Mark Romine
                    • 75 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jamk32179
                      From what I understand Riu does not allow outside photographers.
                      Maybe that has changed in the last couple years but I didn't have any problems a couple years ago as an outside photographer.

mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users