Photo

Friend missing: WWYD?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

So I met my friend at my job she was their housekeeper and after I left we began hanging out. I mean we talked for hours (when she was suppose to be working). Anyways my boss txted me and told me she hasn't been to work in 2 weeks. The last txt I got from her was on the 24th. She was dating this guy and said she found out she didn't like him. Thats the only odd thing she told me. Anyways I've tried txting and calling her and from different numbers and so did my boss. They've called the police station and hospitals and no info. Should I go by her house. The weather is getting bad (i have a bad feeling). It's about half an hour. But I'm really worried. She hasn't missed work for even one day in 6 years! It's not her!

ETA: Title should say "friend missing WWYD??" Sorry I can't talk or type right now.

#2 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'd report it to the police but I wouldn't go to her house unless someone is with you, chick you don't know what you are going to find. It maybe nothing but don't take any chances

#3 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

I think I"m gonna take my DH with me. I was going alone but he has my car. He should be off work any second. And they did tell the police I believe. But she's an adult and not deemed "important" I believe.

#4 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
        • Banned
        • 248 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

oh wow I would say if you feel safe driving in the weather than I would go to her house and see if she is there or if you can find her. I wouldnt panic but it sounds very fishy and suspicious...im hoping for the best for your friend! my prayers are with you in this situation! keep us updated

#5 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
          • Banned
          • 248 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

Ya I definately agree to bring someone with you, you never know. Good luck

#6 Birdie07

Birdie07
            • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

I think Dh is on his way home....the weather is just windy but it's very very windy and looks like it will get bad just not yet...if the snow could hold off for just a bit then we'll be ok.

#7 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
              • 343 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Wow, this is definetely an odd situation. I would definetely go by her house but just be careful if you see anything suspisous you'll want to probably call the police and have them check it out instead of risking anything yourself.

#8 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
                • Banned
                • 248 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

does she live somewhere where she has immediate neighbours? I am just asking this because if you go by her place and dont see her there maybe her neighbours have seen her lately and could help you... just a thought

#9 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:57 PM

She lives ten minutes out of town. On a farm. She lives in a rented garage apartment. one neighbor the owner of the farm. I know sounds creepy to me to!

#10 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                    • 475 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

I agree I would not go to the house by yourself. I would take at least someone with you and make sure someone else who is not going knows where you went and how long you should be.
                      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users