Photo

Has anyone ever been to The Ellen Show??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
  • Banned
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

hey ladies!

I am looking to possibly go to California this summer and would LOVE to go to the Ellen Show but have no idea about how it works with getting tickets...is it hard to get tickets I am guessing they are free also but not too sure. Also is it fun to go to or overrated?? I would love some opinions on this as I have never been to a taping of any type of show...also do you get to meet Ellen after the show?? I would love to meet her!!

Sorry for all the questions just I love her show and want to know if it is as great an experience to see a show in person as I am hoping...

TIA

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

I dont' know the answer to any of the questions. I know it does take time to get tickets so I would do it pronto. I think you can request them at her website The Ellen DeGeneres Show: The place for Ellen tickets, celebrity photos, videos, games, giveaways and more.

I LOVE Ellen.

In the words of Liz Lemon: I want to go to there! (only 30 rock fans will get that!)

#3 Mrs.Hockey

Mrs.Hockey
      • 272 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for posting...I love Ellen! I've been trying to get tickets for a year now and have had no luck!

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

Tickets to tapings are free and it can be really cool if you've never seen one before. You get to see all the behind the scene stuff and how segments are often taped out of order, the host or cast makes small talk with the audience between takes, etc.

I don't know about Ellen specifically, but what usually happens with show tapings is that you get "tickets" that say to be at the studio at a certain time. You wait in line with a bunch of other people with "tickets" and only a certain number of you get in, the rest are turned away when capacity is full. So if you do come out here I would suggest getting to the studio really early to get a good spot in line.

Good luck, I love that show :)

#5 Mrs.Hockey

Mrs.Hockey
          • 272 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

Thanks!
            That sucks though..even when you do get approved for tickets, they aren't for sure! Pretty risky!

#6 Mrs.Hockey

Mrs.Hockey
            • 272 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Thanks!
              That sucks though..even when you do get approved for tickets, they aren't for sure! Pretty risky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users