Need Advice regarding legality & ceremony details: HELP!

Hi All,

We are planning on getting married next April at Majestic. I'm so confused on how to go about making it legal and what to do at the ceremony. If we decide to be wed there by the Judge does our marriage still follow the same laws as if we were married in the US? And for those who did use the Judge, how do you go about the sand ceremony? Who leads this? Then I was thinking to just go to Justice of the Peace before we leave and use the Priest for a Catholic ceremony which will look official to our guests. But do both of us have to be baptized and go thru Confirmation for thi? He is not Catholic. Also is the Priest going to do everything in Spanish? I'm so confused sad.gif

Any suggestionshuh.gif?

To answer your question, you both have to be baptized for the marriage to be recognized by the Catholic Church. Also, they will not do weddings outside or on the beach (those sites are considered "unholy"). We are doing a symbolic ceremony and making it legal in the states. The Symbolic Ceremony looks official and the guest will not notice.

Hello...I am getting Married at the Majestic May 18, 2010, so congrats fellow Majestic Bride! My fiance and I are doing a non-legal symbolic ceremony with a pastor who is on a missions trip in Punta Cana. His name is Rick York and he has a website if you google him. We have to get married before we leave the US but this will just be a formality for us and we'd consider our wedding day May 18, 2010. Rick will preform the ceremony in English and he emails you a copy and I must say its beautiful. By doing this ceremony you can pay the lower package price 1250 vs 1750 and you can customize the ceremony as you wish. We added specific readings and also a sand ceremony. Let me know if you have questions but check him out. He's really nice and replies to emails quickly! :o)

Yes...he emails you after you give him your names. He will customize it based on anything you want. So I added a reading here or changed something there, but overall its a great ceremony. More of a ceremony that you would see in the US rather than a judge and legal stuff. If you want to read the copy he sent me let me know. It made me cry too! :o)

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010 View Post
Hey Darcy...

That's how I felt too. My fiance refused to have anything but an English ceremony and once I emailed Rick, I had such a good feeling after reading the ceremony. It was definitely better than anything I saw/read. Congrats on your wedding and good luck planning!
MexicoBeachBride,
I sent you a PM about the ceremony....thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics