Sign in to follow this  
RicandamseL

Need Advice regarding legality & ceremony details: HELP!

Hi All,

We are planning on getting married next April at Majestic. I'm so confused on how to go about making it legal and what to do at the ceremony. If we decide to be wed there by the Judge does our marriage still follow the same laws as if we were married in the US? And for those who did use the Judge, how do you go about the sand ceremony? Who leads this? Then I was thinking to just go to Justice of the Peace before we leave and use the Priest for a Catholic ceremony which will look official to our guests. But do both of us have to be baptized and go thru Confirmation for thi? He is not Catholic. Also is the Priest going to do everything in Spanish? I'm so confused sad.gif

Any suggestionshuh.gif?

To answer your question, you both have to be baptized for the marriage to be recognized by the Catholic Church. Also, they will not do weddings outside or on the beach (those sites are considered "unholy"). We are doing a symbolic ceremony and making it legal in the states. The Symbolic Ceremony looks official and the guest will not notice.

Hello...I am getting Married at the Majestic May 18, 2010, so congrats fellow Majestic Bride! My fiance and I are doing a non-legal symbolic ceremony with a pastor who is on a missions trip in Punta Cana. His name is Rick York and he has a website if you google him. We have to get married before we leave the US but this will just be a formality for us and we'd consider our wedding day May 18, 2010. Rick will preform the ceremony in English and he emails you a copy and I must say its beautiful. By doing this ceremony you can pay the lower package price 1250 vs 1750 and you can customize the ceremony as you wish. We added specific readings and also a sand ceremony. Let me know if you have questions but check him out. He's really nice and replies to emails quickly! :o)

Thanks. I decided that I'm going to do the symbolic ceremony. It's funny that you mention Pastor York; I found him online last night! I'm planning on using him, too. He seems really nice and the ceremony almost brought me to tears!

Yes...he emails you after you give him your names. He will customize it based on anything you want. So I added a reading here or changed something there, but overall its a great ceremony. More of a ceremony that you would see in the US rather than a judge and legal stuff. If you want to read the copy he sent me let me know. It made me cry too! :o)

He is going to send me a copy. I am glad I heard about this. I just assumed our ceremony was in English ( never assume, we all know what that means.) Also, I think it will be nice for us to incorporate the Christian aspect into our ceremony.

Hey Darcy...

That's how I felt too. My fiance refused to have anything but an English ceremony and once I emailed Rick, I had such a good feeling after reading the ceremony. It was definitely better than anything I saw/read. Congrats on your wedding and good luck planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010 View Post
Hey Darcy...

That's how I felt too. My fiance refused to have anything but an English ceremony and once I emailed Rick, I had such a good feeling after reading the ceremony. It was definitely better than anything I saw/read. Congrats on your wedding and good luck planning!
MexicoBeachBride,
I sent you a PM about the ceremony....thanks!