Sign in to follow this  
BlissfulMsMiranda

AHR gift registry

OK I'm totally up in the air about this one ... and the FI just brought it up last night (we have to send our invites out by the end of the month so we need to make a decision on this)... but should we be putting together a gift registry for our AHR or is that presumptuous of us to think that people will want to or will be anticipating giving us gifts at this celebration?

Now, we are NOT having a second wedding. I am not wearing my dress again, there won't be any vows read, nothing like that. We are simply having a cocktail celebration for everyone who couldn't come to Cuba with us. We'll have wedding pictures displayed and a cake, but that's it ...

So, I wasn't going to do a registry and thought if anyone felt inclined they would bring money ... but again, am I just being presumptuous? Any advice on this would be much appreciated ...

Thanks ladies! bunny_4.gif

I was always told that registry info should not go on the invitation. We created one since I'm having a shower, but I put a ton of stuff on it in case people want to buy something off of it for our AHR. I'm relying on word of mouth and our website to get that info out.

I would maybe put your wedding website info on the invitation so they can "follow your progress" or "learn more about the couple". If your registry info happens to be on the website then it makes it all easier...

I'd go ahead and create a registry somewhere, so that people who want to give you an actual gift can do so. Etiquette is for your bridal party/close family to spread the word about where you are registered if people ask.

But yes, definitely do not put it on the invite.

OK thanks ladies!!!!!!!! ... I completely forgot about our website (duh). I didn't even include it in my current invite mock-up (I am not writing a note to myself alongside the millions of other notes in my oh-so-packed agenda to do so).

Phew. Thank GOD for you guys ... seriously ... I would be so lost.

smile03.gif

I think we will just have the one for the wedding open so people at the AHR can purchase things from the registry if they choose to. We are not sending any registry info in invites, only word of mouth and website!

I was totally against the registry on the basis that etiquette says if they don't go to the wedding they don't bring a gift, so I viewed a registry as presumptuous... Then TONS of people started convincing us to do one, so we did. Apparently even if you are having a DW, people want to get gifts for the reception (not to mention I think his aunt who is hosting my shower put some of the family up to working on this!) SO, now we have a registry, but I agree w/ the above: Do not put it on the invite.

Agreed!

I would maybe put your wedding website info on the invitation so they can "follow your progress" or "learn more about the couple". If your registry info happens to be on the website then it makes it all easier...