Sign in to follow this  
Nisi39

Is anyone else getting married on blind faith?

Neither of us has ever been to Jamaica so we're going on blind faith, our TA's opinion (which couldn't count for a whole lot since our resort didn't open until 1 month after we booked!), and trip advisor.

I'm not worried about it in the least. I think it will make the DW all the better because we'll just go with the flow instead of being wrapped up in planning.

Don't worry about it if a site visit isn't in your budget....I think this is the norm!

We're choosing between 2 locations. One in Jamaica that we have never visited (but plan to in jan of next year) and one in Vegas that we have visited and loved.

i thought you were gonna say it would be the first time you met EVER... woulnd't be the first with this internet dating

My advice is don't do it on blind faith. websites and venues and vendors can be misleading

a trip down can save you a lot of heartache, headaches, and money in the long run

IFFF you cant swing it. make sure you do lots and lots and lots of research and reading of reviews from brides and grooms on here who have had expeirece with those places

Although my FI and I have been to DR numerous times, I think those of you that are going on blind faith are brave. I think that's what makes it all the more exciting, it's almost like an adventure...yay!!!!

The best planning process for a Wedding includes:

- A site inspection: the first step in order to select a location is to know it! A site inspection is a visit to the areas, hotels and locations you are considering for the wedding. Having a look at first hand can help you make a good decision.

- A site planning:Once you have choosen the Location, you can have a site planning in order to have the tasting, meet the vendors and finalized the last details of the Wedding. This visit is recommended to be done around 3 months prior to the event.

But if you are considering a location where there are a lot of destination weddings, you can also rely on the the sources available online to make the selection such as your Hotel's Wedding Planners that can send you photos, information and you can also evaluate their performance during the process (you deserve a personalized service from day 1 in the Wedding Planning Process!!) and, specially, the reviews you can find here at DWF! You can check on "search" the name of the Hotels or locations you are looking for. Here you will find reviews, tips, and even photos of different Weddings!

Approximately 50% of the couples married at our Hotel came in Blind Faith, and I am glad to say that we always exceed their expectations! We have a team of experts in destination weddings that can make this process very easy and stresless (...even better than planning a wedding at your hometown as we take care of ALL the details!!!).

Good Luck in your planning process!

smile03.gif

I had never seen our wedding site or the hotel we stayed at until we got there. I walked down the aisle seeing everything for the first time ... and having done it that way, I wouldn't do it any other way!

I'm going on blind faith. It would add an extra $4000 to our budget to travel beforehand for a preview. Reviews, and forums such as this one have been so helpful. It almost makes it more fun to see the resort for the first time with the guests.