Photo

Will this dress be okay for TDD?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hi! I'm hoping that brides who have already had a TTD can help me out. I'm worried that my dress will not be good for the TTD because its trumpet style. I tried it on last weekend and attempted to lay down...and almost fell over! I wanted to trash THE dress, but I'm wondering if I need to buy a different dress. Any input will be very helpful. Thanks

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

I have a mermaid dress and as long as the dress fits you right you should easily be able to lay/sit whatever. i'm using mine for TTD

#3 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
      • 444 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

Ok...I hope you are right! It is still a little snug around the middle, but I am planning to lose another 10 pounds. Thanks for your help!

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Ha I know the feeling! My but is so big i can't get it closed around my butt! and my thighs are too big I can't really sit, but I have 14lbs more to lose so hopefully mine will fit right!

#5 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
          • 444 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

You have plenty of time left! Good luck!

#6 BillysBride

BillysBride
            • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

I have a a mermaid style gown....and I'm getting another dress for our TTD shoot.

Thing is, just personal opinion, I think that for them to look good while you're up, walking around..they need to be pretty snug. Not disabling snug, but still, a pretty close damn fit. And for TTD pics, I want to be able to hike it up and climb up FH when the mood/need arises...I just can't see being able to do that in my dress without shimmying and wiggling the damn thing up my thighs.

Besides, I want to be in my comfort zone doing our TTD..I don't need one more thing to feel self conscious about. I also think more flowing dresses look better in the water, but again..just me.
              Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#7 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
              • 444 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Thats what I was thinking as well...but I just can't decide. My dress is definitely form fitting and there is NO extra room to move around. i'll probably keep my eyes open for a cheap dress for my TTD. Another thing to add to my list...

Thanks for your thoughts!

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

Oooo good points Savannah!

I guess I'm tough out of luck! I'm set on trashing THE dress. I personally don't see a point in doing a TTD session if it isn't THE dress! it would just be more of a sexy shoot not a TTD. Unless you did 2 dresses for your wedding. Like one for ceremony and then another to dance the night away

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

I think you should get something you're more comfortable in personally. I have tried those dresses on and they were hard to walk in! lol But your dress is GORGEOUS! It will be so worth it for the wedding, but if I were you I'd probably get an inexpensive, comfy gown for the TTD... sorry...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 BillysBride

BillysBride
                    • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jacilynda
                      Oooo good points Savannah!

I guess I'm tough out of luck! I'm set on trashing THE dress. I personally don't see a point in doing a TTD session if it isn't THE dress! it would just be more of a sexy shoot not a TTD. Unless you did 2 dresses for your wedding. Like one for ceremony and then another to dance the night away
                      I've heard others say that as well, so I kinda get it. I think for me, it's about trashing A wedding dress. lol I don't so much get the shoots where the bride is in like a pretty sundress or whatever, even though I've seen some killer pics like that. TTD's are cool looking to me because it's like that moment of "Holy crap, that's a wedding gown!". Just sort of the contrast of what people usually think of when they think bride/wedding gown, and what they SEE when they look at a gal rollin around in the sand, splashing, and steaming it up in a wedding dress.

I think as long as it's a gown, you can't go wrong really. Just gotta do what makes you happy and comfy!
                      I'm getting one made (I think) from an Ebay manufacturer for a grand total of $78 including the shipping. I've been looking on there for a cheap second dress, but just can't find anything so far that has the elements I want to see in our photos.
                      Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users