Sign in to follow this  
Cassondra2009

Will this dress be okay for TDD?

Hi! I'm hoping that brides who have already had a TTD can help me out. I'm worried that my dress will not be good for the TTD because its trumpet style. I tried it on last weekend and attempted to lay down...and almost fell over! I wanted to trash THE dress, but I'm wondering if I need to buy a different dress. Any input will be very helpful. Thanks

Click the image to open in full size.

Ha I know the feeling! My but is so big i can't get it closed around my butt! and my thighs are too big I can't really sit, but I have 14lbs more to lose so hopefully mine will fit right!

I have a a mermaid style gown....and I'm getting another dress for our TTD shoot.

Thing is, just personal opinion, I think that for them to look good while you're up, walking around..they need to be pretty snug. Not disabling snug, but still, a pretty close damn fit. And for TTD pics, I want to be able to hike it up and climb up FH when the mood/need arises...I just can't see being able to do that in my dress without shimmying and wiggling the damn thing up my thighs.

Besides, I want to be in my comfort zone doing our TTD..I don't need one more thing to feel self conscious about. I also think more flowing dresses look better in the water, but again..just me.

Thats what I was thinking as well...but I just can't decide. My dress is definitely form fitting and there is NO extra room to move around. i'll probably keep my eyes open for a cheap dress for my TTD. Another thing to add to my list...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Oooo good points Savannah!

I guess I'm tough out of luck! I'm set on trashing THE dress. I personally don't see a point in doing a TTD session if it isn't THE dress! it would just be more of a sexy shoot not a TTD. Unless you did 2 dresses for your wedding. Like one for ceremony and then another to dance the night away

I think you should get something you're more comfortable in personally. I have tried those dresses on and they were hard to walk in! lol But your dress is GORGEOUS! It will be so worth it for the wedding, but if I were you I'd probably get an inexpensive, comfy gown for the TTD... sorry... sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
Oooo good points Savannah!

I guess I'm tough out of luck! I'm set on trashing THE dress. I personally don't see a point in doing a TTD session if it isn't THE dress! it would just be more of a sexy shoot not a TTD. Unless you did 2 dresses for your wedding. Like one for ceremony and then another to dance the night away
I've heard others say that as well, so I kinda get it. I think for me, it's about trashing A wedding dress. lol I don't so much get the shoots where the bride is in like a pretty sundress or whatever, even though I've seen some killer pics like that. TTD's are cool looking to me because it's like that moment of "Holy crap, that's a wedding gown!". Just sort of the contrast of what people usually think of when they think bride/wedding gown, and what they SEE when they look at a gal rollin around in the sand, splashing, and steaming it up in a wedding dress.

I think as long as it's a gown, you can't go wrong really. Just gotta do what makes you happy and comfy!
I'm getting one made (I think) from an Ebay manufacturer for a grand total of $78 including the shipping. I've been looking on there for a cheap second dress, but just can't find anything so far that has the elements I want to see in our photos.