Photo

Help! Anyone who live near or in NY

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 koolatta

koolatta
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

Where did you get your alterations done?? i am in need of a streamstress since I got my wedding dress at Filene's Running of the Brides?

Help would be greatly appreciated!!
    http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

You might check with RK Bridal - I'm not sure if they only do alterations for dresses they sell or not, but they did an excellent job with my dress (purchased there).

If not them, I would also suggest talking with my tailor who is very good, but I'm not sure if he does wedding dresses - but he's done all kinds of stuff for me, and he does great work. His name is Oscar, he works at Mid-City Tailoring. Phone is 212-719-2215. He's located at 28 W 44th/25 W. 43rd (one of those mid-block, pass-thru buildings) between 5th & 6th.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 yamille

yamille
    • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

I was going to suggest RK bridal as well. If not... there is a taylor in the west village and the name of the store is HONG KONG JACK. 136 Waverly Pl # 2 New York, NY 10014
      (212) 675-0818

He taylored 2 dresses for me when I was a bridesmaid.

#4 Dana_C

Dana_C
      • 348 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:04 AM

Hi there! I also got my dress at Running of the Brides and I plan on using "La Robe by Leah" I've heard great things about her, but I have not contacted them yet...good luck!

#5 koolatta

koolatta
        • 321 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

Thanks Everyone. Please keep the suggestions coming. I am going to call RK Bridal today to see if they will do alterations for me eventhough I bought my dress elsewhere.

Thanks Again!!
          http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#6 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
          • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

I don't know if you wish to travel to Jersey, but Anna's Alterations in Springfield NJ did a fabulous job. She does the alterations for the Nicole Miller Boutiques. Best of luck--I know how nervy this all can be!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users