Sign in to follow this  
koolatta

Help! Anyone who live near or in NY

Where did you get your alterations done?? i am in need of a streamstress since I got my wedding dress at Filene's Running of the Brides?

Help would be greatly appreciated!!

You might check with RK Bridal - I'm not sure if they only do alterations for dresses they sell or not, but they did an excellent job with my dress (purchased there).

If not them, I would also suggest talking with my tailor who is very good, but I'm not sure if he does wedding dresses - but he's done all kinds of stuff for me, and he does great work. His name is Oscar, he works at Mid-City Tailoring. Phone is 212-719-2215. He's located at 28 W 44th/25 W. 43rd (one of those mid-block, pass-thru buildings) between 5th & 6th.

I was going to suggest RK bridal as well. If not... there is a taylor in the west village and the name of the store is HONG KONG JACK. 136 Waverly Pl # 2 New York, NY 10014

(212) 675-0818

He taylored 2 dresses for me when I was a bridesmaid.

Hi there! I also got my dress at Running of the Brides and I plan on using "La Robe by Leah" I've heard great things about her, but I have not contacted them yet...good luck!

Thanks Everyone. Please keep the suggestions coming. I am going to call RK Bridal today to see if they will do alterations for me eventhough I bought my dress elsewhere.

Thanks Again!!

I don't know if you wish to travel to Jersey, but Anna's Alterations in Springfield NJ did a fabulous job. She does the alterations for the Nicole Miller Boutiques. Best of luck--I know how nervy this all can be!