Sign in to follow this  
*JillD*

wedding dress dilemna!

So as some of you may remember I fell in love with a maggie sottero limited dress that I had no picture to show you because there are no pictures.

Well the other day I started thinking about the dress again, I don't know why, and I didn't buy it because it was $1500 and I didn't think I should spend that on my dress.

So today I was determined to find the name of the dress and I did it! And I still love it, the pictures make me want to cry!

The thing is

1. I already have a dress, that I really like a lot and I could be perfectly happy with, but its not this dress, I also got a sweet deal on my dress, so I could just put it on ebay or something too.

2. I don't know if I can spend this much on my dress!

FI happened to ask me what I was doing whem I was looking at it and we had a whole conversation about it and he says I should just get it and he would have expected me to spend that much and why can't I just sell it after the wedding.

What do I dohuh.gif

Here's a pic of the dress I love!

Click the image to open in full size.

Wow! That dress is amazing! I also found a MS Limited dress, and can kick myself for not getting it because I can't find anyone that has it for me to try on again. I say get it if you love it. Like your FH said you can always sell it.

No wonder you love it! It's beautiful! Ok, have you tried the dress on? If you have and you love how it looks on you... then buy it. If you haven't tried it on... call around girl! I think many times dresses look awesome on the hanger (as this one obviously does!!!) but sometimes when they are on they look completely different.

It's a very stunning dress. Have you tried it on yet? I say if you love it that much get it. I never thought I was going to spend the amount I did on my dress but when it's "the one" you have to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
FI happened to ask me what I was doing whem I was looking at it and we had a whole conversation about it and he says I should just get it and he would have expected me to spend that much and why can't I just sell it after the wedding.

What do I dohuh.gif

Here's a pic of the dress I love!

Click the image to open in full size.

I say you marry that man! heehee That's so sweet when a guy understands how important "the" dress is to his future bride. I'd hate for you to think back and say, "I wish I would have ... " Like the other girls have said, make sure you try it on (if you haven't, I can't remember) - but do it. Sell the other dress on eBay or something, and then get your dream dress!

OK, I may be the only one to say this, but if it was me I could never spend that much on a dress I am going to only wear once. But thats me.

You have to decide if its worth the extra money for the dress.

It is very goregous though. Any chance you could post a pic of the other dress to compare?

Can you have it replicated by a seamstress, I bet it would save a ton of $$$ plus you could keep it. Dresses are overmarked sometimes as much as 500% over what it actually cost to make. Plus you have to spend an additional $$ to get it altered usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydensMama View Post
OK, I may be the only one to say this, but if it was me I could never spend that much on a dress I am going to only wear once. But thats me.
You have to decide if its worth the extra money for the dress.
It is very goregous though. Any chance you could post a pic of the other dress to compare?
I'm with Laura. I can't see myself spending that much on a dress. However, it is georgous. Can you post a pic of your other dress too?? So we know what your options are?

I think you should get it. I fell in love with a $3,500 Lazaro, but I knew that was over the top, but now the one that I found (haven't purchased it yet, but pretty sure I will) is only $1,200 and I felt like that was a steal. I am also not a very sentimental person, so I will probably be selling it when I am done...