*** Alert! Possible fraud... just had to cancel Debit Card..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:45 AM

Here is some detail on the worm:April Fools' may be no joke for computer users - CNN.com

#12 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:11 AM

Thank goodness it was a legitimate charge.

Just so you all know, Visa had a security breach a couple of weeks ago, so definitely keep an eye on your credit/debit accounts.

#13 KristinaM

• VIP Member
      • 3,082 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

Wow- So glad to hear it was a valid charge!
      I try not to get caught up in these things either-- but it is a good reminder of how easily things can happen and that we should really pay close attention to all of our accounts.

#14 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

That's great that it was a valid charge, but why would it say "PAYPAL"? ? ?

#15 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by carly
          That's great that it was a valid charge, but why would it say "PAYPAL"? ? ?
          Long story, but the TA for our HM had to have someone run it from a different account because it kept getting declined for being over the $5k/day limit (I used to bitch about chase's strictness on this, but now I get it! ) She did verify that it was out of CA... I just did not know to look for that or for that exact amount so it freaked me out, especially after hearing about all the "worm" crap.

Btw, anyone know if that "worm" actually did anything today?? I haven't watched the news...

*EDIT* Here is an update from CNN.com No problems so far as April Fools' computer worm awakens - CNN.com

Looks like we're ok! Biggest impact will just be on network traffic... phew!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#16 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

Glad it was a valid charge WHEW!!

#17 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

oh wow another quagmire to worry about--thanks for the heads up though.

#18 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

Ya the Visa breach was a while ago. Our bank just replaced everyones stuff. Which was kind of nice, but we didn't have any warning so that sucked.

Jaime I'm so glad its legit and you're having a HM!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users