Real vs. Fake flowers- your opinions?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by alkoch
    I think I am going to go the real touch fake flowers route, I am little worried about them wilting with the heat and humidity. Did anyone have an issue with that? Also I am debating between having them made or going to Michael's and doing it with a lady there.
    No problem at all on my side. I received my flowers wayyyy in advance (better safe than sorry) and am back in Houston since now 3 months - and god knows how hot and humid it is here - and my flowers are still gorgeous. I had them at home for more than 7 months now - and 2 weeks in Riviera Maya.

#42 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

Awesome! Thanks for all the links everybody! For some odd reason my fiance actually has an opinion on this - he doesn't like any fake flowers. I might just end up going with the free bouquet that comes with our package. I don't really care about the flowers THAT much but I'm certainly going to keep my eye out for what I want in silk flowers. Thanks guys!

#43 JCruz

• 154 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

I'm considering this option as well. I might do a combination of fake flowers and real. Real touch flowers for my bridesmaids and decor. Real flowers for my bouquet and centrepieces.

#44 slapsappyhappy

• 443 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

I am going back and forth too, the real touch plumeria by Roberta looks so beautiful, but the resort gives the bouquet for me included in the package. I wonder if it would be better to get me the real touch and split up the free bouquet or get real touch for the bridesmaids and then keep theirs after the wedding... hmmm so many decisions!

#45 whitechocolate

• 127 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

I just have to use real flowers. There is nothing beter to me than burying my nose in a big bouquet of fresh roses. But that's just me :) There are pros and cons to both.

#46 DreamComeTrue

• 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jacilynda
              We are doing real-touch flowers. price- fantastic! Getting everything I want. It will take up some extra room but can't beat the price. Also we can bring them home! They aren't going to die. And i will know what they look like before the wedding!
              Thanks for sharing! they look so real! I am deff going to look into this!

#47 ~ Dani ~

~ Dani ~
              • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

Hello everyone...I am sure that there is a thread like this already but I can't seem to find it, so my apologies, but Iam starting a new one.

I am really considering "real touch" flowers for my wedding. I was wondering if the brides who have gone this route could post a pic of your bouquet or let me know where you got them from.

Also, were they what you wanted? Did they honestly look "real"?

#48 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

I bought a real-touch bouquet that we used for a separate church ceremony we had. I was surprised by how realistic-looking it was. They even sort of feel realistic... If you look closely, you can still tell - but they were much better than I though they'd be. And they photograph nicely.
                  I am actually selling my bouquet if you are interested - but you can at least look at the pictures -- http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45704

#49 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

There are a lot of threads about these flowers, and many brides posted pics too, do a search for real touch flowers, I know this thread has a lot of info - http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t39914 good luck!

#50 boscobel

• VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:08 PM

I am merging this thread with the one mentioned above...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users