Photo

Bachelorette party etiquette dilemma

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:42 AM

I definitely agree with everyone has said, you can totally be casual about it. I think a big hint is if you have known she has been a bridesmaid before. If she hasn't, then maybe she isn't familiar with certain "duties" to the bride, I know I have had a friend in this situation. I'm a bride, a MOH, and a bridesmaid all this year and never been in a wedding at all before this, so I went online and looked up etiquette on what to do etc. (I also agree with you on having only one MOH and best man, I like the idea!)
    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#12 yamille

yamille
    • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

UPDATE: So I had tea with one of my nearest adn dearest yesterday and we were talkign wedding and I mentioned that I wasn't sure if my sis was "in the know" of what she should be planning. She was like all smiley and "well trust jess and i think she knows.." So i kind of feel a little embarassed but she was able to ask me what I preferred so that was good. Agh! at least it's off my chest. :)

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Well, that's a relief! Something is in the works for ya!

#14 petunia

petunia
        • 113 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

It's lots of fun reading all the posts on here from different parts of the US and Canada. There are so many different customs and traditions. You're in Queens, and I know in the NY area a bridal shower is usually (but not always) hoped to be a surprise. Bachelorette parties are often planned with the bride's assistance, with a lot of the details kept a secret from her. It's great that you were able to have that conversation with a friend who is in the know.

As far as inviting all the females attending the wedding to the bachelorette...can you imagine going to a club or such with some of your older grandmas, aunties and mother's friends? Just your good friends. I would even think, although I'm not sure about this, that you could invite good friends who aren't attending the wedding. It's merely a last fling with good pals before the friends have to take a back seat to your marriage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users