• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

We are having a circle set up but primarily because we are having the Mayan/Cosmic Ceremony, which entails that format because of the elements of nature and energy involved. At first I was kinda weary about it, but the more I think about it, it will make for some amazing pictures and a neat experience for everyone. And no seat will be a bad one I love that inspiration picture, and I say go for it!!!

#12 H&F

H&F
    • 361 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

I think it's a really neat idea. It looks so different & I think the guest would like it. The circle really gives off a "close knit" and intimate feeling. Let us know what you decide!

#13 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

We had everyone stand in one circle around us for our ceremony. We had 20 people and the ceremony was about 30-45 minutes long. The ceremony was very participatory and everyone said that they really enjoyed it and no one complained about standing for too long.

#14 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
        • 391 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

great set up..love it

#15 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

Wanted to post an AWESOME Circle Seating (actually standing) wedding. This was a cosmic ceremony at Maroma Spa and Resort!

Del Sol Photography Blog - Tal + Terence | Maroma Spa Resort | Photos by Matt Adcock

#16 jessyg20

jessyg20
            • 263 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

It was part of my planning, but we ended not doing it because of my entrance and sand ceremony positioning. I guess it also depends how many guests you have. WE had over 100.
              Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
              http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
              Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#17 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jessyg20
                It was part of my planning, but we ended not doing it because of my entrance and sand ceremony positioning. I guess it also depends how many guests you have. WE had over 100.
                Guest could could be a factor... location and logistics could too. The wedding I posted above had 125 guests... not a problem :)

Cheers!
                mateo

#18 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                • Vendor
                • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Wanted to add the shot with all those folks, for a visual aid.  Usually, Cosmic ceremonies and Mayan Ceremonies will have this kind of setup.  I really really really DIG the cosmic circle setup... I know the original post said "sitting"...  Standing in a circle is fun too!

del_Sol_Photography_Circle_Ceremony.jpg

#19 DWBride615

DWBride615
                  • 852 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

wow, that such a cool idea. I love it

@Matt Adcock How did the bride come in? Did everyone just shuffle away and make room for the bride to walk through into the middle?

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#20 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                    • Vendor
                    • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by DWBride615 

wow, that such a cool idea. I love it

@Matt Adcock How did the bride come in? Did everyone just shuffle away and make room for the bride to walk through into the middle?

HOLA... Yep, sure thing.  They entered the circle and the guests just let them pass...almost magical.  (watch the slideshow if you have a second...  http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=298

The Cosmic ceremony focuses on the outer circle as a power circle of energy.  Its one of the most amazing wedding experiences I have ever had.  I've seen 500+ weddings personally in my life... I've been to 5 or so Cosmic Ceremonies and the amount of energy involved is mindblowing...

Here is another one we did in Tulum on the public beach... Same Cosmic Shamans.. http://www.delsolpho...gs/paul&rachel/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users