Photo

Sheer Cover

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:43 PM

Yep, I got it! I gave in to my first infomercial EVER and got Sheer Cover. I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of it, it seems to be on TV here all the time! So finally I went and checked out their site and decided to try it since the prices are really super duper reasonable!

I went for the intro kit expecting it to be like sample sized everything. They're actually decent sized - not huge, but it'll last me for a long enough time! So here's whats included for $30:

* 2 shades of Mineral Foundation w/SPF 15
    * 1 Duo Concealer (I already love this!)
    * 1 Concealer Brush
    * 1 Contouring Brush
    * 1 Powder Brush
    * 1 Travel Brush
    * 1 Mascara in Classic Brown (which looks REALLY dark brown to me, and it is a bit clumpy)
    * 1 Conditioning Facial Cleanser
    * 1 Nourishing Moisturizer w/SPF 15
    * 1 Sheer Color Compact (includes samples of lip gloss, eyeliner etc)

I tried it all and noticed a HUGE difference already. I have really dark circles under my eyes and have tried a lot of products. They're so dark I've honestly had people come up to me and ask what happened (thinking I have a black eye!!). It's really embarassing. The concealer works like a charm. I sound like a walking commercial, but I'm pretty happy with the product. I'll continue to use everything and keep you all updated on how well everything is working for me.

The other good thing is you can mix and match up to 7 products for $15. So after you use the sample pack and decide what you like you can choose what you want, and add or delete other items for $15. I haven't tried this yet, so I'm not sure how limited it actually is - I guess I'll try this in 30+ days!

Lol... wow I just read that and I really do sound like the infomercial!! haha.
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

Haha Courtney! My first infomercial was for Windsor Pilates! They called me two weeks later to see if I would do an infomercial, they would allow me to train at the real studio twice a week. I told them no, I kept imagining my "before and after" pictures on tv every sunday!!!!

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

lol, I got Windsor Pilates too - but it was on sale at a store nearby! Does that mean that I still gave in to the infomercial?!

Wow - how much did you buy to end up being asked to join them on the infomercial??!?

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

I think I paid $40 or maybe "two payments of only $40"?? Funny thing is that I never used them!! And they were VHS too, so now I really can't use them!

#5 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:53 AM

That stuff looks fun! What shade did you get?

#6 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

haha they should be sending you some free products for all your promoting!!
              I have never heard of this product but I am glad its working for ya!

#7 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tvt
                That stuff looks fun! What shade did you get?
                Well I'm pretty much as pale as they come, so I had to get light! I didn't get anything extra, just the starters kit. It comes with 2 shades though, so if you tan in the summer, you can use that shade - or you can mix them as well. We'll see how it lasts it's first day today! It says it's waterproof too - but I'm skeptical... I wanna go swimming now just to test it out!!

#8 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                • VIP Member
                • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:33 AM

haha oh man, that could turn out bad!
                  Maybe just swim in the tub first, to make sure it stays on!!

#9 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RaydensMama
                    haha oh man, that could turn out bad!
                    Maybe just swim in the tub first, to make sure it stays on!!
                    Haha, I could just see it now... I emerge from the pool all sexy like Halle Berry in James Bond and all of the sudden kids run crying and screaming... zoom in to my face where all of the makeup is smudged to a point of disaster - I'm unrecognizable! lol... ok, you're right the shower is probably best!

#10 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

haha oh man, that just made me remember this time at work.
                      When I was a teenager I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart. and this chick came in for her shift one day and she had black mascara allllll down her face! Like im talking lines down the cheeks!! So of course I tell her and she says, OMG I guess thats why all those kids looked at me like I was nuts! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users