• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lolkitteh
    Careful with MAC STudio Fix Fluid - try it out with flash photography to see what it looks like.

One thing to consider is whether a foundation has sunscreen in it or not. Makeup artists will tend to avoid foundations with sunscreen for events where you will be photoigraphed (such as weddings!) because they tend to contain titanium dioxide. Titanium dioxide may give your face a white-ish cast with flash photography. AFAIK, MAC Studio Fix Fluid contains sunscreen (has SPF 15) so you might want to test out how it looks on you in flash photography before you commit to using it your wedding. (BTW, I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid myself and love it, but will not be using it for my wedding)

For MAC foundations, the Studio Stick (or the airbrush makeup) is considered the best for flash photography. I don't know about the new Studio Sculpt.

Right now I am trying out Makeup Forever (MUFE) HD Foundation and am really liking it. I'm going to get airbrush makeup by a pro for my actual wedding, but will probably use the MUFE foundation for other situations where my pictures are being taken. It's quite long-wearing and natural-looking. If you have a Sephora around you, you could make an appointment with someone there to try it out. I've also used Clinique Superfit, which also photographs well, but IME, doesn't come in as many shades as either MAC or MUFE.

I have oily skin, and have found that MAC Studio Fix, MUFE HD, and Clinique all wear well on my skin. Others tend to just slide off my face at the end of the day.
    I do mostly make-up for models on photo shoots and I haven't had a problem with the SPF in any of the MAC foundations. Definitely test it out though if you think you'll have any sort of problem. MUFE is great too. You can find it at Sephora.

#12 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

For the wedding I also went to a Mac store. For everyday wear I like Laura Mercier.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#13 nicmicj

nicmicj
      • 244 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

Thanks everyone for your tips. I will definitely be using them because I will have to do my makeup myself. No one going to my wedding is here in Texas with me so I will be getting a chart and asking loads of questions.

#14 blushingbride

blushingbride
        • 366 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

I agree with everyone here; MAC has great products! For everyday make-up, I wear Laura Mercier, Smashbox, and Stila. Great products!!!

#15 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
          • 475 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by blushingbride
            I agree with everyone here; MAC has great products! For everyday make-up, I wear Laura Mercier, Smashbox, and Stila. Great products!!!
            I really like Smashbox. I recently switched from MAC to Smashbox and have liked how it looks. I am going to try going to the Smashbox counter at Nordstrom to see if they will help me with my wedding make-up.
            Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#16 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
            • 888 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

Does Sephora do a similar thing as MAC? Or does anyone besides MAC do the whole chart/trial thing?

#17 bumbles

bumbles
              • 574 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

Don't forget primer for makeup! It makes all the difference. I really like Smashbox Photofinish.

#18 blushingbride

blushingbride
                • 366 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:09 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jamaica0619
                  I really like Smashbox. I recently switched from MAC to Smashbox and have liked how it looks. I am going to try going to the Smashbox counter at Nordstrom to see if they will help me with my wedding make-up.
                  I like Smashbox too! Have you tried their photo finish primer? Love it! It makes my make-up last all day.
                  It's not a bad idea to go to a counter...I was thinking of going to a MAC one to do a one-on-one. Let us know how it goes.

#19 blushingbride

blushingbride
                  • 366 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Fanny
                    Don't forget primer for makeup! It makes all the difference. I really like Smashbox Photofinish.
                    Me too!!! Love it! And yes, it does make all the difference - for me, it also keeps the shine at bay!

#20 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

Since you have a little time you can go to different make-up counters and let them do your face - Lancome also does a chart I think. If you don't wear a lot of make-up normally, I would try to do neutral colors so you look finished and beautiful, but not Fake. I'm a HUGE makeup fiend and wear all different kinds but my biggest suggestion would be to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, and don't forget waterproof mascara and even eyeliner if you can. Bobbi Brown makes an awesome eyeliner that comes in a pot that you put on with a brush - very easy for novices and stays on very well.

If you go on youtube there are tons of videos on makeup application also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users