Dreams La Romana

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
Hi Amy,
Did she give you the 2010 rates or 2009? What are the differences if you dont mind?
Thanks!
Hi Heather,
I forwarded you the email with the price discrepancies. The comparisons were based on 2009 prices from both resorts.
Sorry for the delay, I just saw this post!

I just got my response from the WC at Dreams LR. Thank goodness!! :) She didn't answer any other questions I had in my email though. Can anyone shed light?

Decorations, for reception and ceremony. Do I bring my own decorations/centrepieces for tables? I booked the Ultimate Wedding Package. Are chair sashes included?

I am going to be legally married before arriving in the DR, do we still have to pay the $300 for the minister/justice of peace? Since we're doing the symbolic/renewal of vows, anyone can perform the ceremony.

What do we have to show as proof for the honeymoon package included in this Ultimate wedding package?

Thanks!

Don't you love the selective responses?! lol

I had the same problem, but if you email her again, with the same questions, she should eventually reply.

I believe you can pay for them to decorate or you can bring your own decorations. I'm doing the free package and then just upgrading for the things we want/need. So I'm not sure what's included in your package, but Tiara does have the 'extras' price list. *Send me your email if you would like me to forward it to you.*

From my experience so far, EVERYTHING is an extra charge.

I don't think you need to pay the $300 for the minister/jp. Either the WC or someone you designate from your party can be your officiant, so there shouldn't be any charge for that.

I think I will bring a copy of our marriage certificate just in case they need to see if for any reason.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the chair sashes, it might be cheaper to buy your own and bring them down. that's what i'm planning on doing. plus you can also sell them later.

I asked Tiara about the $300 if you are having a symbolic ceremony and no you do not have to pay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygirl1169 View Post
Hi Heather,
I forwarded you the email with the price discrepancies. The comparisons were based on 2009 prices from both resorts.
Sorry for the delay, I just saw this post!
No prob and thanks for the info, i never looked at DPC but did look at Dreams Tulum and the DLA prices are cheaper so i though i was making out pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the chair sashes, it might be cheaper to buy your own and bring them down. that's what i'm planning on doing. plus you can also sell them later.

I asked Tiara about the $300 if you are having a symbolic ceremony and no you do not have to pay it.
Thanks! I asked Tiara in an earlier email if I could have the $300 applied to other things if I was having a symbolic ceremony and she said I still needed to pay for someone to do it! Maybe she's not understanding?

Do you happen to know how much the sashes are at the resort? The ultimate pkg says chairs with white covers, I guess I do have to pay for sashes then eh? Ugh! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygirl1169 View Post
Don't you love the selective responses?! lol
I had the same problem, but if you email her again, with the same questions, she should eventually reply.

I believe you can pay for them to decorate or you can bring your own decorations. I'm doing the free package and then just upgrading for the things we want/need. So I'm not sure what's included in your package, but Tiara does have the 'extras' price list. *Send me your email if you would like me to forward it to you.*
From my experience so far, EVERYTHING is an extra charge.

I don't think you need to pay the $300 for the minister/jp. Either the WC or someone you designate from your party can be your officiant, so there shouldn't be any charge for that.

I think I will bring a copy of our marriage certificate just in case they need to see if for any reason.
I LOVE the selective responses! haha. I just hate having to repetitively send emails to her b/c I know she's busy, but I need answers too! lol.

Is this price list you have the same as what's on the website?

If you don't mind me asking, how far in advance are you getting married before going to the DR? Our wedding is in May and we were only thinking of legally getting married the week before we depart. I was hoping to bring some kind of proof for the free honeymoon "package" but I'm not sure what to bring. Our marriage would not be registered by then so we wouldn't have anything except a copy (maybe) of our wedding license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPEG View Post
Thanks! I asked Tiara in an earlier email if I could have the $300 applied to other things if I was having a symbolic ceremony and she said I still needed to pay for someone to do it! Maybe she's not understanding?

Do you happen to know how much the sashes are at the resort? The ultimate pkg says chairs with white covers, I guess I do have to pay for sashes then eh? Ugh! lol.
I'm pretty sure the $300 is extra, so on top of the package price. Here's what i asked her:

We plan to just have a symbolic ceremony at the resort, is there still a $300 fee for cost of the minister outside of the the wedding package price? Not, you donâ€t have to pay for it if it is a symbolic wedding.

I thought it did include a minister to do the wedding and you just had to pay for the judge as they are the ones that makes it legal. That's misleading as they say in the package "services of justice of peace or minster"

I know sashes are not include in any of the packages. not sure on price, i thought i had it somewhere. but Tiffany Chairs are $15 per chair and White Wooden Folding Chairs are $8 per chair.
I know if you bring your own stuff they will set it up for you free of charge.

I see you are getting married in may as well, what date? If your colors are the same, i would be willing to split the cost of buying sashes and just leave them if you are after/before me.