• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#641 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amygirl1169
    Are any of you girls on fb? I am usually on there more often and find it easier to post pics and such.. if you like, please add me! :) (Amy Walter)
    I just added you!
    (Andrea)

#642 Maybride2010atDreamsLR

Maybride2010atDreamsLR
    • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amygirl1169
      Are any of you girls on fb? I am usually on there more often and find it easier to post pics and such.. if you like, please add me! :) (Amy Walter)
      I just added you Amy, if anyone wants to add me to FB it's Liane Bales
      :~~~ Liane & Dan ~~~
      May 3, 2010

http://tickers.Ticke....26dd/event.png

#643 La Romana Stacey

La Romana Stacey
      • 107 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maybride2010atDreamsLR
        Hello again ladies,
        Does anyone know the best way to travel with wedding dress? I would like to take as carry on... but do they allow this with all the new rules? Do we need to call in advance? Any suggestions?
        It depends on the airline. I'm flying with Skyservice and I calld them last week to see about this. They said I can bring my dress on in addition to my carry on. I would call them before hand though so they can add a note to your file.

#644 Alliecat023

Alliecat023
        • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

Hi Ladies! I am new to the forum & have tried to read through all the pages but there is so much! I apologize if you have already talked about this but does anyone have package information & extras (with prices) from the WC? I only have what is on the website & it seems like there is a lot of little things missing. My FI & I want to see how much the reception will actually cost us before we make a decision. I am turning to you girls first because I have heard how long it takes to get anything from the WC. I appreciate your help! Oh, and I am getting married Jan 2011, I dont know if anyone has pricing for 2011 yet?

Thanks girls! =)

#645 Alliecat023

Alliecat023
          • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

my e-mail is alliecat023@yahoo.com if anyone can send me whatever they have! thank you!!

#646 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
            • 126 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alliecat023
              my e-mail is alliecat023@yahoo.com if anyone can send me whatever they have! thank you!!
              Hey Alliecat,
              Welcome to the forum!
              just looking at your info and it says you're getting married at Dreams Punta Cana.
              We're all getting married at Dreams La Romana.

Can you clarify which hotel you're at. If you're at LR, I can email you some prices, etc.

Liane, I just added you on facebook!

#647 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
              • 192 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hello

I just joined today and finally just finished reading all 60+ pages of info you guys have written. Thank you so so much for all the great info! It has answered many questions that were still left unanswered by Tiara. (I now understand why she takes so long to answer back..the poor thing is so busy! lol)

I am getting married at Dreams La Romana on September 10th 2010 and had my date confirmed last week so I am super super excited. This resort is just absolutely breathtaking and the Gazebo overlooking the blue ocean was the main factor that made me say "This is the one".

I am also booking my photographer and videographer from HDC photos :)

So far, Ive also bought my dress, invitations, place cards and favors and I have 40 people booked so far :)

I will keep you updated with any info I receive throughout the next few months.
                Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

#648 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                • 653 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

Welcome to the group, Petals & AllieCat! Happy to welcome other new DLR brides!!

#649 BridgetDLRBride

BridgetDLRBride
                  • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

Hey!! I just got married at DLR on March 15, 2010!! I have lots of info to share. Lots of good stuff and some stuff that was not so good...but hopefully my advice can help all future brides. Afterall, this forum is not as awesome if no Married Ladies come back to share info. SO - with that said, i have a lot of stuff to say but I'll have to make another post this weekend. However, my photographers (flew them down from Charlotte, NC) have posted some of our pics on their blog. Please feel free to check out Parts I & II and the slide show. It gives good pics of the Gazebo (SO beautiful), our flowers (they were late but i was pleased), and my hair and makeup. The hair/makeup was one of the things I was super iffy on...but they did an awesome job. With the negotiated discount, Hair was $56 and Makeup was $34. some of the bridal party added on makeup at the last minute b/c they did such a good job and it isn't that expensive.
                    SO - please take a look at the pics. I will write another post this weekend with all the beautiful and wonderful things about the wedding/resort, etc. as well as some of the pitfalls and things to be aware of.
                    THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART - All in all...our wedding was awesome, SO much fun, we had 40 guests and i don't think anyone can stop talking about how amazing it was. yes, some things did go wrong & in some spots i was NOT pleased with Tiara...BUT - overall, the guests didn't know and i would coin the EVENT and the vaca a HUGE success.
                    xo

#650 BridgetDLRBride

BridgetDLRBride
                    • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

OH - I guess you need the website! it's Jen Hunt Photography charlotte, nc wedding and lifestyle photographer Look for 2 parts and a Video.
                      Oh and Amy - I think you'll be VERY pleased with the paper lanterns that we're sharing. I LOVED them. i'll send you an email this weekend with more details on that an all our other decor. Loved it!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users