• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#521 La Romana Stacey

La Romana Stacey
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brbr.bo View Post
    I'm in the same boat as everyone else, I'm waiting for a response on two separate emails from about 2 weeks ago!

Does anyone know if the resort offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport? About 98% of my guests are flying in and out on the same flight and I'm hoping we can make transportation to and from easy. Also Has anyone talked to Tiara about having guests in the same part of the hotel?
    I am also waiting for a reply to my email that I sent 2 weeks ago. Maybe she's on vacation?

As for the shuttle the resort does offer one. I spoke with the front desk a few weeks ago and they said it was $220 US/person for a round trip transfer to and from the Punta Cana airport. Is that where you are flying into? Since you have a whole group you should probably be able to negotiate something cheaper. For my group we booked the all inclusive trip so it's included. Did you just book your air and hotel separately? If not you may already have transfers included I world check with your TA. As for room assignment that is usually done through your TA. Also you could email/call the concierge. I’ve asked Tiara about this before and she said she couldn’t do anything.

Hope this help!

#522 brbr.bo

brbr.bo
    • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

Thanks stacey I guess we will just have to wait lol, we are all flying into La Romana airport actually! everyone going down with us booked on their own, at this point I kinda wish we did have a TA to help out with these little things but o well.

#523 Maybride2010atDreamsLR

Maybride2010atDreamsLR
      • 64 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by brbr.bo
        Thanks stacey I guess we will just have to wait lol, we are all flying into La Romana airport actually! everyone going down with us booked on their own, at this point I kinda wish we did have a TA to help out with these little things but o well.
        Did you book all inclusive? I think that is all you can book for Dreams, which includes all your meals, drinks, hotel, flight and includes a bus from the airport to the resort. When you arrive, there will be people holding up signs for each travel company and you just get on the correct bus and it will take you to the resort. If for some reason you don't have an all inclusive booking, the la romana airport is about 15 mins from the resort. There will be taxis available. Taxis are really cheap in Dominican.

Happy travels.
        :~~~ Liane & Dan ~~~
        May 3, 2010

http://tickers.Ticke....26dd/event.png

#524 Lastminutecouple

Lastminutecouple
        • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

Does anyone have the menu options other than the gold and silver menues, for renting out the SSG for a private reception?

I have also attached the photography packages i recieved from Tiara for 2010.

Also does anyone have the contact information for pastor Rick?

Thanks

Attached Files

#525 VallieR

VallieR
          • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

Pastor Ricks email is ryork@codetel.net.do.

#526 KPEG

KPEG
            • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the vows/ceremony that will be read for the renewal of vows ceremony? I asked Tiara about this but haven't gotten a response (in addition to my other questions in my emails). I also asked if we could draft our own, but I did want to see what they already offer. Thanks!

brbr.bo: Don't worry too much that you don't have a TA. I do but she hasn't done anything for us, not even regarding the trip! And for the wedding she told me to work directly with the resort WC.

#527 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
              • 2,424 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Just heard back from Tiara and thought this info would help.

We have 14 people total right now, so if we wanted to do a non-private reception and have the table decorated at one of the restaurants, is that an option? -As you will be 14 people, you will be paying USD 352.80, to eat in one of our restaurants with your wedding party. This is an option, but you will have to pay extra for this.

Also, i believe the start time would have to be 6:30. So we are no longer looking at this option as the private dinner is only $175 more and then we can have music and dancing and start when we want to as the sun doesn't set till 7 and we will be taking picture until then.

I believe the below info I posted earlier is only is only if you want a couple of tables together and they will not be decorated. As i got this response from Tiara "Remember that we do not have reservation policies in our property. This means that we do not block any space for guests and we do not arrange a table for more than 12 guests."

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dolfinluck

I read that if we do a non-private reception and have 12 or less it is no charge but if you have 13-20 people you have to pay $20 plus 10% and 16% taxes. Is the extra charge only for each person over 12, so for example if i have 16 people total I would only have to pay the $20 plus 10% and 16% taxes for 4 people? Yes.-

#528 KPEG

KPEG
                • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

Dophinluck - sorry, I can't remember...are you getting a wedding package? We have 15 right now and I just assumed that we could have a couple of tables together decorated, but no dance floor or music or anything with no charge since we have a dinner package included in our wedding package.

#529 LaRomanaBride

LaRomanaBride
                  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Hi Ladies - Im back from my wonderful wedding at DLR! I will post a review very soon. All I can say in the meantime is not to worry about anything. Everything exceeded my expectations :)

#530 KPEG

KPEG
                    • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LaRomanaBride
                      Hi Ladies - Im back from my wonderful wedding at DLR! I will post a review very soon. All I can say in the meantime is not to worry about anything. Everything exceeded my expectations :)
                      That's so awesome!!! Congratulations and can't wait to read your review!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users