• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#371 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BridgetDLRBride
    I'm pretty sure they haven't set up the webcam yet.

For anyone that is interested - Tiara told me yesterday that the Silver chargers will be $6/charger.
    Thanks Bridget! I think that is a little too much since you can buy them for cheaper and then even sell them when you get back.

#372 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hi ladies,
      I think someone was asking about a menu for the SSG. Tiara just sent me the attached menu but said it's subject to change every 2-3 months. Not sure I'm too crazy about it, but I'm an extremely picky eater... I can see how/why they charge so much for the special 'wedding' menu now.

What do you guys think? What would you choose to serve?

Also, has anyone seen the DLR fan page on facebook? There looks to be a couple February brides on there - I wish they would come to BDW to share their experiences!

Attached Files

#373 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
      • 653 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

Also, here is a link to a bunch of photos taken this week by the DR expert 'Baltobabe':
        Dreams LaRomana Jan 16 2010 pictures, photos, and videos, from caribbean on webshots
        Very detailed account of the resort.

#374 Jewellz55

Jewellz55
        • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hi ladies,

I am new to this website. I am getting married at Dreams La Romana on May 15, 2010. I have been reading up on your posts. Thank you for all the information!! I also have some pricing, pictures and menus if anybody needs anything else. I have been working with a travel agent and she is teally good about getting information from Tiara and the resort.

Looking forward to talking and exchanging info with all of you!

Julie

#375 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
          • 653 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

Welcome, Julie!!
            If you have any info that you don't see posted here that you think may be helpful to the group, feel free to share!

Happy planning!

#376 jenne

jenne
            • 278 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

Have any of you gotten your documents legalized/translated yet? I emailed Tiara quite a while ago asking if we had to have our birth certificates translated or not because I read somewhere that some resorts require it and some don't, but this was one email I never did get a response to. If anyone knows for sure it would be greatly appreciated!
              Jennifer

#377 hjack

hjack
              • 51 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:20 AM

The only information that I have from Tiara about the documents is located within the Wedding Packages information package.

Welcome Julie! Any information that you have and isn't already posted would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

#378 KPEG

KPEG
                • 267 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amygirl1169
                  Also, here is a link to a bunch of photos taken this week by the DR expert 'Baltobabe':
                  Dreams LaRomana Jan 16 2010 pictures, photos, and videos, from caribbean on webshots
                  Very detailed account of the resort.
                  Thanks for sharing that Amy! Baltobabe is awesome! She's always willing to help and readily available! Who knew she was just a frequent resort guest....I almost would have believed that she worked for them! lol.

#379 jenne

jenne
                  • 278 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

I sent Tiara another email this morning so hopefully she'll let me know for sure.

Hair and make-up appointments: booked!
                    Hair Trial: booked!

3 months from today until our wedding! I am so excited :)

We sent out our invitation packages about a week and a half ago. We sent them only to the people who we already know are coming and everyone LOVED them! Most people just assumed that we had ordered them either from the resort or from mywedding.com but my sister who is my MOH and I spent an entire weekend making them. So glad they turned out so professional looking. It was more of a "package" of stuff than an invitation. Can't believe April is coming so soon! AHHH! :)
                    Jennifer

#380 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                    • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jewellz55
                      Hi ladies,

I am new to this website. I am getting married at Dreams La Romana on May 15, 2010. I have been reading up on your posts. Thank you for all the information!! I also have some pricing, pictures and menus if anybody needs anything else. I have been working with a travel agent and she is teally good about getting information from Tiara and the resort.

Looking forward to talking and exchanging info with all of you!

Julie
                      Welcome Julie!!! We have the same date! so ill def be seeing you at the resort. what time are you getting married at?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users