3934 replies to this topic

#3771 neliruz

neliruz
  • 86 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Gazebo
  • LocationDreams La Romana

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

yea its an expensive trip for sure...im sure most our friends will go and closest family....but those that we dont see often (especially family) wont go..

#3772 FutureMrsGrabs

FutureMrsGrabs
  • 28 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Domincan Republic
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

Is anyone doing any entertainment after the wedding dinner, like fire dancers? I didn't see them on the options on the resort brochure and wanted to know if anyone is using them, and if so, whether you'd mind sharing the pricing?

#3773 Mandiesue

Mandiesue
  • 309 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
  • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

We are having a dj...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3774 lyndasmith

lyndasmith
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana, DR

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Hey Everyone, 

I "stumbled" across this site and forum whilst googling the old faithful "weddings in DR", "Weddings at DLR" and all I can say is woohoo this forum is great. You all seem to be answering most of the uncertainties I am experiencing. 

We have booked our wedding at DLR for Fri 3rd July 2015, garden gazebo and have purchased the ultimate package as I am hoping to just get as much included in the package as possible. I have been in touch with Pirosca who is my wedding coordinator and in the last few emails everything still seems to be additional £$£$£.I am pretty low maintenance (i think) and there is only 11 of us going out (all the way from Scotland) so I'd like a very intimate wedding but don't want to arrive and end up having to spend a ridiculous amount of money when I could've taken things over.

Does anyone know what isn't included in the ultimate package that i should be aware of and should purchased? or that I should be careful off?

Any help or advice will be great.

Lynda

#3775 strwbsprkl

strwbsprkl
  • 373 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams la romana

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hey Lynda!! I am July 4,2015 how exciting!!! I have the gazebo too what are you colors ? Mine are tiffany blue and coral!!! :)
Dj is not included in our package I have the ultimate package too

#3776 lyndasmith

lyndasmith
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hey Lynda!! I am July 4,2015 how exciting!!! I have the gazebo too what are you colors ? Mine are tiffany blue and coral!!! :)

Oh WOW...how exciting! You are much more organised than I am...I haven't even considered any of that, honestly I think I am expecting to just turn up and everything will be in place  :P

Have you taken a Dreams package? anything you think i should consider.

Lynda x

#3777 strwbsprkl

strwbsprkl
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

Lol yeah I have a whole binder!!! I have the ultimate package. So far about 60 guest they don't give me any Centerpieces but we decided not to have any. I'll have about 8-9 tables remember no dj included so you might have to bring your own equipment or rent it I believe it's like 350? To rent can not remember!!! Can I watch your wedding from far away?? Lol I'll be in la romana July 1.

#3778 lyndasmith

lyndasmith
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

haha yes of course you can watch  :)  :)  :) We arrive on 29th June '15. 

I wasn't planning on having a DJ / dancefloor etc, as there are only 11 of us (very close family) i think it would look pretty silly we were just going to have the ceremony around 5 / photos at sunset and additional ones (extra charges)/ cocktail hour / food / have a change of clothing and then head out for some drinks at the hotel. How low maintenance am I? haha no need for any big binders although seeing as I am not stressing out I definitely feel I am missing a huge part that will need arranging.

x

#3779 strwbsprkl

strwbsprkl
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

Aww how sweet!! It all started out simple for me then half my family lives in dr and they are so excited to come it will be like a huge family reunion being that we haven't seen each other in years just talk on the phone! And my grandma begged me to be my flower girl!

#3780 lyndasmith

lyndasmith
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Awww how lovely <3

I already can't wait, reading all these posts makes it even more exciting  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users