• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#3281 strwbsprkl

strwbsprkl
  • 373 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams la romana

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Forum has been very quiet lately!!! FI and I have decides on this location for our wedding I have read the entires forum lol I feel we'll informed

#3282 flyingchild

flyingchild
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hey fellow brides! I am new here and currently trying to finalize on which resort to go with. DLR is #1 on my list right now..and I have been reading all sorts of reviews/threads/discussions on just about every resort in Jamaica and DR..

From what I have gathered, DLR sounds like the perfect place to me, but it is still a little bit nerve wrecking...I just what to make sure it REALLY is the right place for us!

What made you guys decide on DLR instead of Dreams Palm Beach or Dreams Punta Cana? I also heard good things about the Paradius..any insights on that one?

Any advice that can help me seal my final decision is much appreciated! 

#3283 natedwards

natedwards
    • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

Hello

I am new to this site and only found this website yesterday. Think it is amazing.

I am getting married a DLR on 7 October 2013, having read this website I am now worried.

I was under the impression I picked everything when we get there. Have had a few good ideas from this website.

I would like to get married in the garden gazebo and have my reception on the beach, there is no reception included in our wedding package which we booked through a travel agents. Does anybody have any idea of how much extra it costs to have the reception on the beach.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Natalie

#3284 villasanur

villasanur
      • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Please contact me for Luxury villa ;- http://www.aleeshavillas.com.au

#3285 flyingchild

flyingchild
        • 45 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Anyone knows if DLR provides fire dancers? If so, how much do they charge?

#3286 stephandmarkDR

stephandmarkDR
          • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I'm not sure but I know you can have a beach bonfire - I think pretty much anything you want you can ask for and the WC's will quote you :) 7 months to go for me! Anyone out there beginning of April too?? x

#3287 flyingchild

flyingchild
            • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

I'm not sure but I know you can have a beach bonfire - I think pretty much anything you want you can ask for and the WC's will quote you :) 7 months to go for me! Anyone out there beginning of April too?? x

Yes I plan on having bonfire as rehearsal dinner! Are you having bonfire too? How much did they quote you for that? I haven't got assigned a WC..wedding is not till end of Aug 2014 so I'm not freaking out just yet lol

#3288 strwbsprkl

strwbsprkl
              • 373 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Dreams la romana

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Awesome!!!! How much did you get quoted for this?

#3289 stephandmarkDR

stephandmarkDR
              • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'm not sure on the bonfire- we are torn between that and fireworks!? The fireworks are about £400, so maybe the bonfire is about the same?? x

#3290 flyingchild

flyingchild
                • 45 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by stephandmarkDR 

I'm not sure on the bonfire- we are torn between that and fireworks!? The fireworks are about £400, so maybe the bonfire is about the same?? x

I really wanted fireworks for the reception too but after much research and based on what people say...it's not worth it. I think it is average $400 for 60-90 seconds. Always worth to check with your WC though! :) 

How many rooms are you reserving? I am booking 40 and hope that it would be more than enough. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users