Jump to content

Photo

Dreams La Romana


  • Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#3051 Adesir8

Adesir8
  • Site Supporter
  • 108 posts

    Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

    soccer1615...how beautiful!!!! so gorgeous! love your cake topper! where'd you get it from? did the hotel make your cake? and your table decor is beautiful. did the hotel provide the napkins etc?



    #3052 SOCCER1615

    SOCCER1615
    • Newbie
    • 111 posts

      Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

      Thank you so much!!! The cake topper came from online. If you search beach wedding cake toppers it comes up on a bunch of different places.  It was a gift so I'm not sure exactly which one it came from.  Hotel made the cake however I brought the chocolate shells with me.  I know kind of crazy to bring chocolate to a hot place, but they made the trip from philadelphia to la romana in a soft sided cooler.  I was so glad I did it to because without them the cake would have been very boring.  The cake was soooo good though. I was really surprised.  We got one layer van with choc filling and another layer choc with van filling.  It was really hot that night too but the chocolates didn't melt.  Thank you for the compliments on the table decor.  We took everything with us.  Kind of crazy I know but all the glass made it there and back.  I used freezed dried roses for the vases which you couldnt even tell they werent fresh roses.  The prices of their centerpieces are a bit pricey down there so I figured I would like to put out the money for something I know I am going to like and bring them with me.  The bases for the centerpieces were from crate and barrell.  They were the most expensive and pain to take down there but they looked with best with the setting.  We brought all the linens.  They are pretty affordable from linensdirect.com.  I gave pictures of how to set everything to Yanna and she took care of it all.  As for getting it all there.  We had ten suit cases.  Ya wow, but I didnt want to chance sending it and never seeing it.  We had a few of our family members bring one down.  I split the glass pieces and brakeables between my carry on, my husbands carry on and my dads carry on. 

       

      On another note to those of you worried about the airport to hotel travel time they are working on a highway from punta cana airport to la romana.  When it is done they said it will cut the trip time in half.  It will only take 45 mins instead of hour and half from airport to hotel.  They hope to have it done by end of year. 

       

      any other questions just let me know!! I'm happy to repay all the help and advice that helped me from this site!!



      #3053 SOCCER1615

      SOCCER1615
      • Newbie
      • 111 posts

        Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

        a few Trash the dress pics



        #3054 SOCCER1615

        SOCCER1615
        • Newbie
        • 111 posts

          Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

          adesir...are you using a photographer?  are you doing your reception on the beach?



          #3055 Adesir8

          Adesir8
          • Site Supporter
          • 108 posts

            Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

            Originally Posted by SOCCER1615 

            adesir...are you using a photographer?  are you doing your reception on the beach?

            yup we're using HDC. who did you use? your pics are hot! and fun. that's exactly what we want. no stuffy pics! not sure yet where we're doing the reception. most likely not on the beach...so not a beach person. ha! i think we're going to rent out one of the restaurants. I def don't want outdoor as i can't stand being hot (i sound so diva-ish!)



            #3056 SOCCER1615

            SOCCER1615
            • Newbie
            • 111 posts

              Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

              Thank you!!!  The inside weddings were very nice too.  It was hot but I didnt notice it to much actually...We used HDC they were GREAT.  Milan will prob be the photographer.  He was awesome!! He was so nice and great with the wedding guests.  You could really tell he enjoys his job and took so many fun pics!!! You made a great choice with HDC. If you do trash the dress he does it the next morning because he had to stay overnight at a different hotel close to La romana because he lives a distance from La Romana. 



              #3057 Adesir8

              Adesir8
              • Site Supporter
              • 108 posts

                Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

                Originally Posted by SOCCER1615 

                Thank you!!!  The inside weddings were very nice too.  It was hot but I didnt notice it to much actually...We used HDC they were GREAT.  Milan will prob be the photographer.  He was awesome!! He was so nice and great with the wedding guests.  You could really tell he enjoys his job and took so many fun pics!!! You made a great choice with HDC. If you do trash the dress he does it the next morning because he had to stay overnight at a different hotel close to La romana because he lives a distance from La Romana. 

                ohhhh so reassuring!! i'm just so excited! keep looking at your pics like, i'm going to be there soon!!



                #3058 jess819

                jess819
                • Newbie
                • 13 posts

                  Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

                  Originally Posted by SOCCER1615 

                  Thank you so much!!! The cake topper came from online. If you search beach wedding cake toppers it comes up on a bunch of different places.  It was a gift so I'm not sure exactly which one it came from.  Hotel made the cake however I brought the chocolate shells with me.  I know kind of crazy to bring chocolate to a hot place, but they made the trip from philadelphia to la romana in a soft sided cooler.  I was so glad I did it to because without them the cake would have been very boring.  The cake was soooo good though. I was really surprised.  We got one layer van with choc filling and another layer choc with van filling.  It was really hot that night too but the chocolates didn't melt.  Thank you for the compliments on the table decor.  We took everything with us.  Kind of crazy I know but all the glass made it there and back.  I used freezed dried roses for the vases which you couldnt even tell they werent fresh roses.  The prices of their centerpieces are a bit pricey down there so I figured I would like to put out the money for something I know I am going to like and bring them with me.  The bases for the centerpieces were from crate and barrell.  They were the most expensive and pain to take down there but they looked with best with the setting.  We brought all the linens.  They are pretty affordable from linensdirect.com.  I gave pictures of how to set everything to Yanna and she took care of it all.  As for getting it all there.  We had ten suit cases.  Ya wow, but I didnt want to chance sending it and never seeing it.  We had a few of our family members bring one down.  I split the glass pieces and brakeables between my carry on, my husbands carry on and my dads carry on. 

                   

                  On another note to those of you worried about the airport to hotel travel time they are working on a highway from punta cana airport to la romana.  When it is done they said it will cut the trip time in half.  It will only take 45 mins instead of hour and half from airport to hotel.  They hope to have it done by end of year. 

                   

                  any other questions just let me know!! I'm happy to repay all the help and advice that helped me from this site!!


                  Thank you so much for posting all this information and pictures. You looked gorgeous and you did a fabulous job! You're hubby is so cute too, love the TTD pics :) Quick question for you, where did you get the coral pieces?

                   

                  Also, did you fly in to Punta Cana or Santo Domingo?

                   

                  So much to do before my 11/9/12 wedding, your post is super helpful. I want to bring freeze dried rose petals for the aisle decor and worried about customs so I'm happy to hear you used them :) How long before you traveled did you have them. I'm not sure how long they last and want to figure out when I should have them shipped to me.

                   

                  Thanks in advance for your help!

                  -Jess



                  #3059 SOCCER1615

                  SOCCER1615
                  • Newbie
                  • 111 posts

                    Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

                    I'm glad I could be a help! Thank you for your kind words. I got the coral at Christmas tree shop for like two bucks each. We flew into punta Cana. Bus ride is definitely an hour and half but it went fast. On a side note I do recommend you use the bathroom on the flight because once you get to the airport if your like me you are carrying stuff (I carried my dress on) and you have to wait in a long line to get in the country so at that point I didn't really have time to use airport bathroom and there is literally no where to stop on the way to hotel. I ordered the roses probably about almost three months ahead of time. They would have stayed perfect to even bring back with me but they got wet because it began to rain right before the reception so they held up fine for reception but not after that. I had no troubles through customs at all. I did put the roses in my checked bag. Any other questions just let me know!!!! Time will fly but somehow some way you will manage to get it all done. This weekend is our at home reception. I have been just as busy planning that as i was with the island wedding. It never ends haha.

                    #3060 MysticalRose

                    MysticalRose
                    • Newbie
                    • 4 posts

                      Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

                      Hey ladies!  Just caught up with this forum, and I am soooo happy that I found this site!  It has been incredibly helpful!  We have a (nearly) confirmed date on July 26, 2013.  I am so excited and can't wait!
                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users