Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#2951 brendee2005

brendee2005
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

Safe travels to Chanelo!!! I wish you all the best on your big day!!!

#2952 SOCCER1615

SOCCER1615
    • 111 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

we are quickly approaching on several people's dates.  It feels like forever we have been on here getting info and now all quickly approaching :)

#2953 Kim7799

Kim7799
      • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hi everyone!!

After spending hours reading through so many posts, I decided it was time to join in on the fun! I've read a lot of info. regarding the wedding packages and working with the wedding coordinators, but my fiance and I just started the planning process and had a more basic question.

What was everyone's experience like when booking a block of rooms for your guests? We're planning on a June 2013 wedding and we're going this June to check everything out in person. We just contacted the booking company and were told we can create a group code for our guests to use when they book their stays so that they can get a group rate.

Have other brides done this? We are not using a travel agent and we're estimating about 40-50 total guests. I just wanted to check in to see what the process was like for everyone in terms of when they booked, how they handled contracts, ect. Thanks so much for any light you girls can shed!!

#2954 Clare-Marie12

Clare-Marie12
        • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hello all brides :) I soooo wish I had found this forum sooner than today!! My (provisional) date is April 21st 2012.....only a few weeks away! We fly from Manchester on 12th April.......I'm so excited. We have a small guest party of 6 and then a reception at home for 200 when we get back. I've spent 4 hours tonight readin through posts and taking notes. I love all the information I now have......but am also in a panic as there are so man things I haven't even considered!! What is an OOT bag??? I have a questionnaire from Jenny to advise required time for ceremony, type of flowers for bouquet etc (we have he free package). I didn't even know I had a choice of flowers! LOL. I have no idea what time would be best for the ceremony, where to have a reception meal (we are not keen on the silver / gold package options), have no idea what free decorations we get for the garden gazebo.....if I can even get married there.... What is a sand ceremony??? Please HELP!!! Bride to be in distress with 8lb to lose before my final dress fitting in 9 days ha ha

#2955 Clare-Marie12

Clare-Marie12
          • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hello all brides :) I soooo wish I had found this forum sooner than today!! My (provisional) date is April 21st 2012.....only a few weeks away! We fly from Manchester on 12th April.......I'm so excited. We have a small guest party of 6 and then a reception at home for 200 when we get back. I've spent 4 hours tonight readin through posts and taking notes. I love all the information I now have......but am also in a panic as there are so man things I haven't even considered!! What is an OOT bag??? I have a questionnaire from Jenny to advise required time for ceremony, type of flowers for bouquet etc (we have he free package). I didn't even know I had a choice of flowers! LOL. I have no idea what time would be best for the ceremony, where to have a reception meal (we are not keen on the silver / gold package options), have no idea what free decorations we get for the garden gazebo.....if I can even get married there.... What is a sand ceremony??? Please HELP!!! Bride to be in distress with 8lb to lose before my final dress fitting in 9 days ha ha

#2956 bride5656

bride5656
            • 338 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hi Clare-Marie :))

I agree with you this site is awesome and it helped me loads while planning our wedding, which is fast approaching as well - 6th March 

Hello all brides :)
              I soooo wish I had found this forum sooner than today!!
              My (provisional) date is April 21st 2012.....only a few weeks away!
              We fly from Manchester on 12th April.......I'm so excited.
              We have a small guest party of 6 and then a reception at home for 200 when we get back.
              I've spent 4 hours tonight readin through posts and taking notes. I love all the information I now have......but am also in a panic as there are so man things I haven't even considered!!
              What is an OOT bag???
              I have a questionnaire from Jenny to advise required time for ceremony, type of flowers for bouquet etc (we have he free package). I didn't even know I had a choice of flowers! LOL.
              I have no idea what time would be best for the ceremony, where to have a reception meal (we are not keen on the silver / gold package options), have no idea what free decorations we get for the garden gazebo.....if I can even get married there....
              What is a sand ceremony???
              Please HELP!!!
              Bride to be in distress with 8lb to lose before my final dress fitting in 9 days ha ha

#2957 brendee2005

brendee2005
              • 456 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hey ladies! For those who are using paper lanterns or have used them To decorate gazebo . What did you use to hang them? @ amurka how does the a la carte menu work? I upgraded to the gold menu because i wasnt too impresed wyth the silver menu but the gold is a little blah as well

#2958 Clare-Marie12

Clare-Marie12
                • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Thank you! I'm composing a list of questions for Jenny. There are only 8 of us so it's just a small, quiet affair. I was hoping we could book a table at the seaside grill but request the table to be set up with linen to make it actually look like a wedding reception! I'm also going to ask about the cocktail hour as I'm not sure if we can have that. It's not part of the free package either, so am sure it will attract a relatively heavy cost. I cannot believe it is only 7 weeks today until we tie the knot!! How exciting.....:D

#2959 bride5656

bride5656
                  • 338 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

@Brendee2005

I have actually came across A la carte menu by accident, Yanna sent it to me with new cocktail hour options :))) You have starter, soup and choice of 3 main's on the day and a dessert! which was great for us, because my family are fussy eaters and all want different things lol :D

I will try to find it on my laptop and post it here, but it I wont be able to, just give your WC a quick email I am sure she will send it to you no problem :))

xoxo

Originally Posted by brendee2005 

Hey ladies!
                    For those who are using paper lanterns or have used them
                    To decorate gazebo . What did you use to hang them?
                    @ amurka how does the a la carte menu work? I upgraded to the gold menu because i wasnt too impresed wyth the silver menu but the gold is a little blah as well

#2960 Clare-Marie12

Clare-Marie12
                    • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

@amurka when do you head off to Dreams fir your wedding? I hope you ave an amazing time and will post to let us know how you got on!! X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users