Jump to content

Photo

Dreams La Romana


  • Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#2711 anudrm

anudrm
  • Member
  • 760 posts

    Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:20 PM


    Well on my pics are on my thread 60 days and counting.....I posted my dress in Show us your wedding dress (or something like that) and my shoes in the appropriate thread also.

    Originally Posted by SOCCER1615 

    Wow I was shocked to find several pages to catch up on.  I love it!!  I'm glad to see that I am not the only one stressing about the flowers. Sabrina you have awesome prices for your flowers!! I really like the parasol idea.  I wasn't to fond of just doing to parasol, but I really like what chanelo did with the rose!!!  Great idea!! Your dress is beautiful too!! I really cant wait to see selina's pics..I don't know about anyone else but I ready for some new photos.  Its been awhile since anyones posted any. 



     



    #2712 Romana uk 2012

    Romana uk 2012
    • Newbie
    • 5 posts

      Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

      I'm also getting married at dreams la romana 07/09/2012 - 



      #2713 bride5656

      bride5656
      • Jr. Member
      • 338 posts

        Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

        Welcome Romana uk 2012!!! :)))xxx

         

         nice to see another girl from UK :D

         

        Hope you enjoy reading this thread and it gives you plenty answers to your questions :))) If you have any questions at all do ask and one of us should know the answer that's for sure :)

        Tell us more about yourself and have you done any planning already, or you just started? :))

         

        xoxo



        #2714 bride5656

        bride5656
        • Jr. Member
        • 338 posts

          Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

           

          LIST OF WEDDINGS IN DREAMS LA ROMANA smile159.gif

           

           

          anudrm (Selina) 12 November 2011

          DreamsBride2011 (Katie) November 11th, 2011 (reception November 12th, 2011)

          Sabrina December 17, 2011

          Amurka   6th March 2012

          Cynthia (CynMay2012) - May 4th 2012

          brendee2005 May 5th, 2012

          soccer1615 July 5th 2012

          Romana uk 2012 September 7th 2012

          Jessicalynneh November 10th, 2012



          #2715 brendee2005

          brendee2005
          • Jr. Member
          • 456 posts

            Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:43 AM



            Yay!!!! Cynthia & I must meet up for drinks before our weddings! When do you arrive at Dreams? I arrive Wednesday the 2nd.

            Quote
            Originally Posted by amurka 

             

            @Katie and Selina - your receptions are on the same day!!! :)))

            Katie, how is  your planning coming along, are you almost done with everything? :)) How does it feel to be so close to your big day?! :))xx

             

            @Cynthia, your big day with brendee2005 are only one day apart too :))

             

            you never know ladies, you might meet for a nice drink when you are there :D Hope someone from  brides on here will be around at the resort too when we are going to be getting married :)))

             

            xoxo



             



            #2716 anudrm

            anudrm
            • Member
            • 760 posts

              Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:05 AM


              Yes Katie stole my date (j/k), you probably had this planned out in 2009, just like I did - if I wouldn't have changed my venue/location so many times, LOL

              Katie - what time is your reception? What time is your wedding? May I be nosy and ask why you are having a reception on a separate day?

              Originally Posted by amurka 

               

              @Katie and Selina - your receptions are on the same day!!! :)))

              Katie, how is  your planning coming along, are you almost done with everything? :)) How does it feel to be so close to your big day?! :))xx

               

              @Cynthia, your big day with brendee2005 are only one day apart too :))

               

              you never know ladies, you might meet for a nice drink when you are there :D Hope someone from  brides on here will be around at the resort too when we are going to be getting married :)))

               

              xoxo



               



              #2717 DreamsBride2011

              DreamsBride2011
              • Newbie
              • 34 posts

                Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

                @Anudrm, my reception is at 7 PM, wedding is tentatively at 5:30 PM, I want to time it with the sunset.  The reasons I am having a reception on a separate day are: 1) The hotel wasn't able to do my reception on the 11th - apparently they have 3 or 4 other weddings that day; 2) My church doesn't encourage lavish celebrations on Fridays yet they would perform a religious marriage ceremony on Friday but not on Saturday (not sure why the rules but I have to follow them); 3) Saturday was a more convenient day for everyone to come down. I am having a religious ceremony for close family and friends on the 11th and then a full-blown ceremony / cocktail hour / reception ordeal on the 12th.

                 

                @Amurka - Yes, everything is planned, thanks for asking.  At the moment I am just dealing with stupid last minute issues, such as some people apparently forgot to make their hotel reservation (???!!!) or forgot to book an airport transfer or whatever else they forgot to do.  I have so much stuff I am bringing over, it's ridiculous.  Seems like the only things I will be using that are provided by the hotel are chairs, linens and china, everything else is my own.  Luckily, there are 8 of us traveling together so hopefully I will be able to distribute my decorations among the group.  I will post my planning thread with all the pictures after the wedding.

                 


                 

                Originally Posted by anudrm 


                Yes Katie stole my date (j/k), you probably had this planned out in 2009, just like I did - if I wouldn't have changed my venue/location so many times, LOL

                Katie - what time is your reception? What time is your wedding? May I be nosy and ask why you are having a reception on a separate day?



                 



                 



                #2718 anudrm

                anudrm
                • Member
                • 760 posts

                  Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:13 AM


                  Wow those are some strict church rules.  I wish I would have really taken a deeper look into this a whole Dream's thing, the fact that they have so many weddings on one day, is overwhelming in my opinion.  My ceremony is at 4 on the 12th, when is yours? Where are you having yours? I know that we will cross paths somewhere along the way.  I wish we would have bumped into each other earlier, we could have helped each other with transporting all of this stuff.  The only thing I am using of the resorts is chairs and sashes and china. I am bringing my own linens, flowers, gazebo decorations, centerpieces, cake decorations, pretty much everything. Can you believe they charge $30 for ivory linens? That seemed ridiculous to me, so I purchased my own, that I will hopefully be able to pass on to someone else afterwards.  So all of your guest won't be in town for your religious ceremony? Are you wearing two different dresses for the different ceremonies? Who is your photographer?

                   

                  I have so many questions for you, too bad we are just now crossing paths, LOL

                  Originally Posted by DreamsBride2011 

                  @Anudrm, my reception is at 7 PM, wedding is tentatively at 5:30 PM, I want to time it with the sunset.  The reasons I am having a reception on a separate day are: 1) The hotel wasn't able to do my reception on the 11th - apparently they have 3 or 4 other weddings that day; 2) My church doesn't encourage lavish celebrations on Fridays yet they would perform a religious marriage ceremony on Friday but not on Saturday (not sure why the rules but I have to follow them); 3) Saturday was a more convenient day for everyone to come down. I am having a religious ceremony for close family and friends on the 11th and then a full-blown ceremony / cocktail hour / reception ordeal on the 12th.

                   

                  @Amurka - Yes, everything is planned, thanks for asking.  At the moment I am just dealing with stupid last minute issues, such as some people apparently forgot to make their hotel reservation (???!!!) or forgot to book an airport transfer or whatever else they forgot to do.  I have so much stuff I am bringing over, it's ridiculous.  Seems like the only things I will be using that are provided by the hotel are chairs, linens and china, everything else is my own.  Luckily, there are 8 of us traveling together so hopefully I will be able to distribute my decorations among the group.  I will post my planning thread with all the pictures after the wedding.

                   


                   



                   



                   



                  #2719 anudrm

                  anudrm
                  • Member
                  • 760 posts

                    Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:14 AM


                    And also - sorry to butt in but do you know the resort is booked for that weekend? I have one empty reservation if someone in your party needs it.

                     

                    Originally Posted by DreamsBride2011 

                    @Anudrm, my reception is at 7 PM, wedding is tentatively at 5:30 PM, I want to time it with the sunset.  The reasons I am having a reception on a separate day are: 1) The hotel wasn't able to do my reception on the 11th - apparently they have 3 or 4 other weddings that day; 2) My church doesn't encourage lavish celebrations on Fridays yet they would perform a religious marriage ceremony on Friday but not on Saturday (not sure why the rules but I have to follow them); 3) Saturday was a more convenient day for everyone to come down. I am having a religious ceremony for close family and friends on the 11th and then a full-blown ceremony / cocktail hour / reception ordeal on the 12th.

                     

                    @Amurka - Yes, everything is planned, thanks for asking.  At the moment I am just dealing with stupid last minute issues, such as some people apparently forgot to make their hotel reservation (???!!!) or forgot to book an airport transfer or whatever else they forgot to do.  I have so much stuff I am bringing over, it's ridiculous.  Seems like the only things I will be using that are provided by the hotel are chairs, linens and china, everything else is my own.  Luckily, there are 8 of us traveling together so hopefully I will be able to distribute my decorations among the group.  I will post my planning thread with all the pictures after the wedding.

                     


                     



                     



                     



                    #2720 brendee2005

                    brendee2005
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 456 posts

                      Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

                      They charge for ivory linens?!?! I thought it was included!!  :(

                      did the WC send you a price list for linens ?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users