Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#2641 jess819

jess819
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hello ladies and congrats to you all. I've been combing the site for the past couple weeks. Thank you all for your wonderful posts as they have inspired me to book my wedding in Dreams la Romana. Tentative date is 11-9-12, putting a deposit down this weekend, my it feels so real! I have a pretty large party coming, guest list is 140 people right now and expect around 80-100 to actually go. The WC (I'm working with Yanna) sent me pics of the Seaside grill dance space, it looks mighty small. Has anyone seen the space and can offer their thoughts. I'm also looking at Oceana as an alternate option, has anyone had their reception there and can you share pictures? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2642 jessicalynneh

jessicalynneh
    • Site Supporter
    • 93 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

Jess,

We went to Dreams in July - the Seaside Grill dance space is very small - theres no way you could comfortably have a reception there with that many people.  When we were there, a wedding was going on in that space with about 30 people and there was enough room for tables, the cake, and some room to dance.

P.S. - Our wedding is 11.10.12!!

#2643 jess819

jess819
      • 13 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

Thank you so much Jessica! Congrats! I'm sure we'll run into each other at the resort. Thanks for your perspective on the Seaside Grill. I think we're going to go wit Oceana. Hoping to get some more pics from the WC soon. Where are you going your reception?

#2644 brendee2005

brendee2005
        • 456 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hey ladies, For those who are only doing a symbolic ceremony. Do you have to bring your marriage certificate to present at the resort?

#2645 anudrm

anudrm
          • 760 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

Not to my knowledge, I don't think you need any proof for a symbolic ceremony.

Originally Posted by brendee2005 

Hey ladies,
            For those who are only doing a symbolic ceremony. Do you have to bring your marriage certificate to present at the resort?

#2646 brendee2005

brendee2005
            • 456 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

Thanks, I will confirm with Jenny. Your wedding day is right around the corner!! Exciting!

#2647 anudrm

anudrm
              • 760 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

Exactly a month away!

Originally Posted by brendee2005 

Thanks, I will confirm with Jenny.
                Your wedding day is right around the corner!! Exciting!

#2648 chanelo

chanelo
                • 106 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

Hi brendee,

I had asked this question because I saw on here somewhere that you needed to bring a marriage certificate but you dont! thankfully as I'm not "officially" getting married until we get home!

#2649 jessicalynneh

jessicalynneh
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 93 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

Jess819,

We are getting married at the garden gazebo, then cocktail hour there in the garden & then we're doing the reception in the ballroom - we're having quite a large group (397 invited! Expecting between 175 - 250) and we're bringing a band, so we figured we would go inside so we don't bother everyone with the volume lol!

#2650 CynMay2012

CynMay2012
                    • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

All - I've been having a really hard time figuring out the final per head cost of someone who is NOT staying at the resort. I mean I understand they add a per person fee of approx $10 bucks, but wondering does anyone had a good grasp of that "day pass" fee or "wedding pass fee"?  Tks ladies! Congrats to all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users