Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#2581 Sabrinaa

Sabrinaa
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

Francys, where did you get your wedding cake from?  It looks so pretty and it's so big :o)

Did you and your guests enjoy it?  What flavor was it?

Thanks again!

#2582 SOCCER1615

SOCCER1615
    • 111 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

Thank you brendee2005!!! I missed that post somewhere lol

#2583 brendee2005

brendee2005
      • 456 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

You're welcome ! Spoke to Jenny today. The minimum for a private reception at Oceana Restaurant is 25 ppl. If you have more than 45 ppl it will be a buffet dinner , less is a sitdown dinner. Just an FYI for the ladies that were wondering like I was. Good day , Ladies!

#2584 Eva1love

Eva1love
        • 54 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm so excited to have come across this forum... it's like god send! You ladies are great! I hope I can provide useful information as much and as good as you all have.

I have been engaged for almost 3 months now... and from day 1 I knew it would be Dreams La Romana for me! I still feel that way and hope I don't gravitate elsewhere... We plan to marry July 2013... not 100% sure yet of the actual date...

I know 2013 sounds far for many ppl but it will be here before we know it... The more time the better we can plan and look/shop around for options.

In looking at the package and all their additional stuff like chairs etc... it's def going to add up really quick! So if you ladies come across any vendors outside of the resort please post their information this way we can all reach out to them and see what we can work out...

I think $8USD a chair is quite pricey ... specially when you might have 100ppl at the wedding...

I was curious if any of you have inquired about the ballroom? I have read on their site that if you have an outdoor wedding reception and it's raining you can switch it to the ballroom? How is that? any pictures? is there an extra charge?

Also if you are allowing kids to attend the wedding has the resort given you a deal? like kids under 12 stay & eat free? Just wondering as I have 2 of my own and many ppl in our families do too.

xoxo!

EVA1LOVE

#2585 Dreams723

Dreams723
          • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sabrinaa 

Francys, where did you get your wedding cake from?  It looks so pretty and it's so big :o)

Did you and your guests enjoy it?  What flavor was it?

Thanks again!

Hi Sabrinaa,

The cake came in from the capital (Santo Domingo) Only the bottom two were real, it was delish, crema de leche and pineapple, very very good!  The same person who arranged my flowers, if you'd like forward your email address to me in a message or email her at walquiria72@yahoo.com   you will speak to Walquiria or Fanny. 

#2586 Sabrinaa

Sabrinaa
            • 54 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks very much Francys!  My email address is sabs_m@hotmail.com.

You are the greatest resource! 

#2587 brendee2005

brendee2005
              • 456 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Welcome & Congrats!!

Hi Ladies!

I'm so excited to have come across this forum... it's like god send! You ladies are great! I hope I can provide useful information as much and as good as you all have.

I have been engaged for almost 3 months now... and from day 1 I knew it would be Dreams La Romana for me! I still feel that way and hope I don't gravitate elsewhere... We plan to marry July 2013... not 100% sure yet of the actual date...

I know 2013 sounds far for many ppl but it will be here before we know it... The more time the better we can plan and look/shop around for options.

In looking at the package and all their additional stuff like chairs etc... it's def going to add up really quick! So if you ladies come across any vendors outside of the resort please post their information this way we can all reach out to them and see what we can work out...

I think $8USD a chair is quite pricey ... specially when you might have 100ppl at the wedding...

I was curious if any of you have inquired about the ballroom? I have read on their site that if you have an outdoor wedding reception and it's raining you can switch it to the ballroom? How is that? any pictures? is there an extra charge?

Also if you are allowing kids to attend the wedding has the resort given you a deal? like kids under 12 stay & eat free? Just wondering as I have 2 of my own and many ppl in our families do too.

xoxo!

EVA1LOVE

#2588 Dreams723

Dreams723
                • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sabrinaa 

Thanks very much Francys!  My email address is sabs_m@hotmail.com.

You are the greatest resource! 

Not a problem, you are very welcome.  My email is francys525@yahoo.com feel free to email me should you have any questions.

#2589 Romana uk 2012

Romana uk 2012
                  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hi Francys

I'm new to this site and this is my first message. The site is fab for info, I'm getting married at the dreams La Romana on the seventh of September next year and from the Uk so I know little about the resort.

I read your post that you got your tiffany chairs from an outside vendor and was just wondering if they have a website ? or if they speak english ?. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.

Congratulations

Gemma 

#2590 Dreams723

Dreams723
                    • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by brendee2005 

Welcome & Congrats!!

Originally Posted by Eva1love 

Hi Ladies!

xoxo!

EVA1LOVE

Hi!  Congrat's!

You may want to use a travel agent.  I had someone from Apple her name is Sue and you can contact her at 847-623-1919  she will be able to get you great rates, take care of the children and even get you upgrades depending on how many people you have coming who book through her.  You can let her know Francys Rodriguez referred you.  She was amazing.  Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users