Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#211 KPEG

KPEG
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:29 AM

Sorry hjack! You and i are in the same boat! We need to post more in order to view anything! I think you need 150 posts before you gain permissions to view attachments. Check out the sub-forum thread for rules and new users.

#212 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
    • 126 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

ladies, send me your emails and I will email you the photos. And if someone can figure out a way to post the photos, please do. It would be great for everyone to be able to see all their options.

#213 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
      • 653 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Ladies, I can't remember if we discussed this - Does anyone know what/if there is an outside vendor fee to bring your own photographer? I'm looking to book HDC photo as Nicole so kindly referred :)

I haven't had any luck getting a response from Tiara (surprise, surprise, lol!)

#214 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
        • 126 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

Amygirl, I think we just have to pay for his day pass. I just booked Arnaud too!

Also ladies in Toronto, I found an officiant who will do a simple civil ceremony near the High Park area for between $75-$100. Gord Kushner - Toronto Wedding Officiant

I think I might go with this option.

Do you know if that means that I won't have to pay $300 for an officiant? And if I don't pay for an officiant, who would do the service? Is this what you guys were talking about? Tiara would do the service?

#215 nicole8

nicole8
          • 83 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

I am pretty sure that it is only 50.00 per person to do photos. It may have a certain time limit(so many hrs on the resort) on it but Tiara quoted us 50.00 US per person for photo and video for 3 hrs I think. I would get it in writing from her though just to make sure. As I have herad about other resorts that things change once you are down there. we will be bringing a copy of all the emails she sends us just to make sure.

#216 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

Tiara finally responded saying there is no extra charge for bringing your own photographer - I suppose that doesn't cover the day pass fee.

Bringing everything in writing is KEY!

#217 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
              • 653 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

I also just came across this great website... can't believe I haven't seen it before!
                Lots of great photos of every inch of the resort including the wedding gazebo!

Dreams La Romana, La Romana, Dominican Republic | Oyster Hotel Reviews

#218 KPEG

KPEG
                • 267 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

What time are you girls getting married there? I originally had 3pm booked but now that seems way to early! I don't want the sun to ruin our pictures or have to kill so much time before the reception.

#219 KPEG

KPEG
                  • 267 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:59 PM

Is anyone booking hair/makeup appointments prior to arrival at the resort? I was just going to do when I got there but some people are telling me not to wait!

#220 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                    • 653 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

I'm getting married at 4:30pm. I had requested 4pm but Tiara returned the booking confirmation to me with 4:30, so I thought they had standard times.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to attempt to do my own hair...

Does anyone know how many weddings DLR does in 1 day? If it's just one per day, then I don't think getting an appt at the hair salon would be difficult, but if it's more then yes, I might just book something ahead of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users