Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#191 Maybride2010atDreamsLR

Maybride2010atDreamsLR
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hi there, I feel your stress. I waited 3 weeks after sending my MC information in to Tiara. I resent it 2 extra times before I finally received an email from tiara saying my deposit went through and she would be sending a written confirmation that same day. I believe she means via mail. However, when she sent the email confirming my deposit, she didn't say the date was confirmed. I am assuming the date I requested is confirmed as I want to book my travel arrangements.
    Good luck. I think she must just be overwhelmed with the paperwork. I keep trying to remember they are living "Island time" Ya mon, no problem mon. Everything is in slow motion. Liane
    :~~~ Liane & Dan ~~~
    May 3, 2010

http://tickers.Ticke....26dd/event.png

#192 lizzyjayne

lizzyjayne
    • 95 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

Look forward to it. These forums are great its brilliant talking to people going through the same process, and delighted we'll be there at same time :-)

#193 lizzyjayne

lizzyjayne
      • 95 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:50 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maybride2010atDreamsLR
        Hi there, I feel your stress. I waited 3 weeks after sending my MC information in to Tiara. I resent it 2 extra times before I finally received an email from tiara saying my deposit went through and she would be sending a written confirmation that same day. I believe she means via mail. However, when she sent the email confirming my deposit, she didn't say the date was confirmed. I am assuming the date I requested is confirmed as I want to book my travel arrangements.
        Good luck. I think she must just be overwhelmed with the paperwork. I keep trying to remember they are living "Island time" Ya mon, no problem mon. Everything is in slow motion. Liane
        This Island time thing is going to drive me MAD. I'm a bit of a control freak and like to know whats happening and when and I think someone is going to have to slip a valium in my wine when I get there lol Tiara confirmed our date in an email but that was it. We have booked and paid deposits for 17 people so far but heard nothing more. I forwarded our wedding reservation form and asked her to let me know when she needs anything else ie deposit. She sent me a very short email saying date is confirmed to you already. But when I read that you have all paid deposits I worry I'll get there and be told its not booked!!

VallieR I'm so jealous your getting to have a look :-)
        Would you let me know how private the beach location and gazebo are? I was at Punta Cana Majestic last year and saw a few weddings from my sun lounger but people were able to walk right up to the wedding in bikinis which I'm really worried about. I was talking to a girl on facebook who told me that she saw a wedding on the pier at la romana and people were swimming up to the pier and crowding round watching!!! Not what I want
        Thanks can't wait to hear your opinions, when are you going?

#194 LaRomanaBride

LaRomanaBride
        • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hi All!

New to this forum and wanted to share my info.

- ~50 guests, we are staying at the Dreams Resort
          - Getting married Monday Feb 15th at 3pm
          - Having a catholic ceremony at St. Stanislaus Church
          - Reception at the Seaside Grill (I think...)
          - Bringing a photographer with us

Communication has been pretty difficult with the resort so far. Also we kind of didnt think the dates through and we will be going away during Spring Break...so we are hoping that its not too rowdy, should have made the reservations for the week before or after!

LRB

#195 LaRomanaBride

LaRomanaBride
          • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sunandsand
            We're arriving on the 10th so Lizzy, I would love to meet you then!

Next question ladies ... have you decided on the reception details? I'm thinking Seaside Grill with the Silver package, which (when you add in gratuities, etc.) comes to about $39 US per person.

It kinda sucks to pay for food when there will be free food all around us. (for 20 guests, that's 800$).

What are you ladies doing?

I am soo confused about everything. I am having my reception at the seaside grill also, but I am paying 1000 USD plus 26% tax to reserve the entire restaurant for the evening (so noone else can dine there that evening). With this option I apparently dont have to pay per person either. Was this option presented to any of you brides?

#196 LaRomanaBride

LaRomanaBride
            • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lizzyjayne
              This free wedding package just gets more and more expensive lol
              I wasnt aware that there was a "free" package!!

Did you get this info from Tiara?

#197 LaRomanaBride

LaRomanaBride
              • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by VallieR
                So I'm going to Dreams La Romana in the middle of December for 6 days, anyone need me to check anything out or any specific pics. Let me know, I do what I can!
                Hi VallieR!!

Pictures (and opinions) of the seaside grill please! I think this is where I want to have my reception but Im not sure! If you eat there let me know how the food is also.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and cant wait to hear all about it!

#198 lizzyjayne

lizzyjayne
                • 95 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LaRomanaBride
                  I wasnt aware that there was a "free" package!!

Did you get this info from Tiara?
                  Welcome to the forum, it has been a great help to me, i hope it will be to you too.

The wedding in Paradise package is free if you have booked 5 rooms. My travel agent sent all my room confirmation numbers to Tiara. Then I am just adding extras I want, and using a different photographer.

#199 LaRomanaBride

LaRomanaBride
                  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lizzyjayne
                    Welcome to the forum, it has been a great help to me, i hope it will be to you too.

The wedding in Paradise package is free if you have booked 5 rooms. My travel agent sent all my room confirmation numbers to Tiara. Then I am just adding extras I want, and using a different photographer.
                    Thank you so much for this information. I have lots of rooms booked so I will have my travel agent send this infor to Tiara asap!

I am so happy to be connecting with other Dreams La Romana Brides!! Thank you!

If you have any other tips that havent been posted on this thread (I have read all posts now!) please let me know!

#200 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                    • 653 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

Welcome, LaRomanaBride!
                      I think you have the earliest wedding date out of all of us, so hopefully you will be able to give us some great advice based on your experience after your wedding!! :)

I am also doing the free package with an upgrade (paying per person) for the private ceremony, but what you mentioned with the $1000 plus tax flat rate is interesting... I didn't know such an option existed!

There have been a lot of pics and info posted throughout this thread so I hope you find it useful!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users